PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to a long weekend...

Paula Carden
08-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Do you have plans for the long weekend coming here in the States? It is Labor Day and I am ready to have for a break. I am not traveling but looking forward to 4 days at home. Got a little fall cleaning planned for Friday in our spare bedroom. Then I may clean up my stamping table-yet again!! I am just not neat with the stamping.

Catch y'all later-gotta go to work to make some stamping money!!:wubclub:

cindi
08-29-2012, 08:50 AM
we don't have any big plans..so far. just keeping it low key.
:)

HeatherJ
08-29-2012, 10:55 AM
We hope to get overnight on the boat one last time. Emily heads back to university on Sunday so that breaks it up a bit. I'll find it odd without her again, for sure. I need to get to school again to unpack more boxes but the weather is so nice, I hate to give up the hours in the school when I don't have to yet.

logcabincreations
08-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Me too! I'm off Friday, taking our little Morkie to the vet, getting my hair cut and highlighted, doing some cleaning/reorganizing :) I need a break from my stressful job.

suzi_f
08-29-2012, 07:57 PM
I AM!!!! (looking forward to the long weekend) Work this month has been a BEAR!!! Working sooooo hard for no recognition. They just keep hammering us! :( This time last year, I was blissfully unemployed!!! <sigh> No real plans. Would LOVE to get a handle on the disorganization & clutter!! Or CRAFT!! Or sleep!!!! It's been a year, I should be USED to this schedule now but I can't seem to ever get enough sleep. I think I'm going to make an appt w/my dr & see if SOMETHING will give me more energy!!!

RubberLady603
08-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Sigh.... I have to work Sat and hopefully not Sun! It's only Weds and I have 46 hrs in already! I'm getting way too old for this crap! So anyhow, I'll probably do nothing but rest for one day and hopefully feel like doing something on Monday. I'm mostly looking forward to not getting up at 4:00! All this and I'll get cut back to less than 40 sometime mid Sept. I can't wait!

iloveflipflops
08-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Emily is coming home to work Sat and Sun. No real plans here.

MnMommy2
08-30-2012, 04:37 PM
On Saturday I'm going on date night with hubby to the State Fair. I'm also going to need to find a new nice outfit for my interview on Tuesday for a Classroom Paraprofessional job at a Early Education Center. Fingers and toes are crossed. I'm going to try to relax as much as possible this weekend for my first day back to work (work at a different school), the kids first day at school and an interview all in the same day. Are they doing this on purpose??

maxiesmom
08-30-2012, 05:54 PM
We're heading out tonight, I have tomorrow off, about an hour north of here. DH's dad has a cottage and Saturday in town they have an all day folk music festival that we go to and enjoy very much. Home a little early on Monday for our nephews birthday party. Otherwise lots of relaxing and chilling, hopefully!

Paula Carden
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Sounds like some are traveling for the holiday weekend, some staying at home!! I hope everyone has healthy and safe weekend.
I am home and looking forward to some R&R just puttering around.

HeatherJ
08-30-2012, 07:55 PM
The wind forecast is not looking good for us to go out on the boat. Big gusts with all the storms to the south so it just might be some R&R here, too.

Paula Carden
08-30-2012, 09:14 PM
The wind forecast is not looking good for us to go out on the boat. Big gusts with all the storms to the south so it just might be some R&R here, too.

Too bad to not get one boating in before the end of the season. We sure didn't get much rain from issac yet. Sorry for the folks on the gulf coast tho