PDA

View Full Version : I`m frustrated now...

Mrs. StampFantasy
09-01-2012, 01:41 AM
There was a DT Call by Art Impressions. At least, (with me) are 15 girls to apply for the team.
http://artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.de/2012/08/ai-design-team-call.html
And i think, there are a lot more, which apply per E-Mail.

I sit here every day and look, which one is in the team and i hope, i get the chance.

And yesterday i sit here and cry. This was my dream , to stay in the AI Team. But i`m the looser. I`m so frustrated.
Till this time, i thought, that my cards are ok. Or is it about my bad english? Or that i come from germany and the way is too long (with shipping,.....) ??????
This was the second time, i had apply me by Ai. And now i think, that it was the last time. :-( I give myself no more chances.

loobylou
09-01-2012, 06:28 AM
Alex, It's really hard to know what a manufacturer is looking for in a Design Team. They have a design team to make more $$$$...I definately think that the cost of postage to Germany would be more...so maybe they don't want to spend the extra money. Also they often like to choose people with the most Followers on their blog. This is so more people will see their stamps. Your cards are always so happy and you make great scenes. If you really want to be on a design team, maybe try first applying to a German/Euro Scrapbook or stamp store.
I create cards because it makes me happy, and makes others happy. Don't let this DT stuff stop you feeling happy about stamping...They are not worth it!

cindi
09-01-2012, 08:15 AM
yes, what sarah said. and I have always thought your cards are awesome. I know your dissapointed, but don't let this keep you down.
(((hugs)))

Patty
09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi Alex...I agree completely with what Sarah and Cindi have said!! I love your cards...they always look professional. It probably is the postage, and they should be professional enough to say that!!! I subscribe to a magazine that I believe is printed in England. It's called Cardmaking and Papercraft. I really love it. (and it always has a freebie...usually some stamps and there's pretty paper in each issue). If you don't have it there let me know and I'll send you one. They have similar opportunities that you might enjoy. Chin UP!!!! They don't know what they're missing!!!

HeatherJ
09-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Alex, I know you are disappointed but never doubt your cards! Those competitions are fierce. The Cheery Lynn owner said there were over 1000 applicants for their DT this time. Busy Blogs with lots of followers and daily updates are definitely something they look at now. It never used to be a factor but we are an online world and Pinterest has made the sharing of great cards and product so easy. Chin up and continue to create your wonderful art.

ngreek
09-01-2012, 06:09 PM
My husband used to sell their stamps. And we worked quit a bit with Art Impression. I would suggest keep submitting things to them. I know there business has ballooned over the last couple years. There popularity has increased as their stamps have now been in some of the different box stores.

Don't give up!!!

RubberLady603
09-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Awww, don't be sad. Your cards are always beautiful and somewhere you will find a good fit.

Mrs. StampFantasy
09-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Thank you all!
I think, that the biggest problem is, that i live in germany. *hmpf* And the next problem is, that i have new blog and all my followers drom my old blog are delete. Now i have only 7 followers *cry* and this is for a company not much enough. And i think, that i must stamp more cards.

You all give me hope and i don`t give up now !!!! :183: I want to fight for my dreams. ;)

HeatherJ
09-05-2012, 05:33 PM
I will help boost your follower numbers by clicking "follow" but you will have to check to see if I did the right one....My German is lacking! That might be an idea, to put a follow button in English too if it allows, or at least an arrow pointing to the right one.

Mrs. StampFantasy
09-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Thank you, Heather. You are now my follower number 8. ;-)