PDA

View Full Version : Unmounting stamps

ellie
09-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Well, i am
Officially out of room to store my stamps. Is there an easy way to in-mount them w/o using the microwave?

cindi
09-08-2012, 11:00 PM
I have not done the big unmount..but some of mine peeled off the wood block easy..so those I did unmount. I ran out of room ages ago..so I way prefer unmounted. I think Sherri did hers a while back..hopefully she will see this and be more helpful
:)

Paula Carden
09-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I sure need to do that but i just can't take them off the wood blocks. I certainly shop for cling mounted now but it is hard to unmount for me especially the ones with the colored pics on top of the blocks.

RubberLady603
09-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Hmmmm, I keep going back and forth on unmounting. I will really be looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. I have a lot of stamps and it just seems like a daunting task but I know I would be happy I did it.

iloveflipflops
09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
I did unmount alot of mine and I didn't use the microwave once. I just peeled off the rubber very carefully and it worked out great. Some were sticky but I let them sit out and then they were ok.

I started with my dollar stamps first so I could see how they did. Good luck!

Paula Carden
09-09-2012, 07:04 PM
What do you mean some were sticky and you let them set out-to get rid of the stickness?
I need to do some time soon but I am a little concerned. Maybe I'll wait and see how Ellie does with hers.

iloveflipflops
09-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I mean, when I took them off the blocks, some of the rubber stayed sticky. I don't know why some did and some did not. Most of the rubber just came right off, I just gently peeled them off the wood.

Paula Carden
09-09-2012, 08:20 PM
0k- I see what ya mean now.

Patty
09-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Funny this should come up now---I've been thinking about this, and I NEVER thought I would!!! I used one that was lifted up a bit in one spot so I poked at it and the stamp came off. Since then I've been wondering and thinking about doing that to more....I'd be embarrassed to tell you (well, maybe not YOU, but non stampers) how many boxes I have full of stamps!! My son refers to it all as "his inheritence"!

shuggy
09-12-2012, 11:05 AM
did you take off the gray foam too?? or leave it sticky?

penelope
09-12-2012, 11:49 AM
I took off the foam from the stamps and put Aileene's tack it over and smoothed it over on the back with a popsicle stick then I left them to dry. Then I put them on shiny paper and put them in an iris chest. You can get about 6 or 7 layers of paper with stamps. On the front of the drawer I made a copy pf what they were, TREES WATER FLOWERS But before that I took a copy of the entire sheet and put it in a notebook corresponding with what I had on the drawers. It is easy to look through the notebook and see what you want and then go to that drawer and take it out. If you also make a copy of the stamps and put it with the stamp, you could put it on the back of the sheet of paper and the stamp always goes back into the same spot. It took a month of dedicated work to finish all this and then we threw out the blocks of wood, that is when it hurt the most. Have fun - Nancy