PDA

View Full Version : Another stamp store near me has bit the dust :(

iloveflipflops
10-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I can't believe it. Just when I move closer to Salisbury, Peanut Doodle has closed :(. Today was their last day. On their facebook page, they put "big sale, everything up to 75% off". Well I was HOPING that meant the whole store but no ! It was just Spellbinders and all their wood stamps. I bought 1 stamp and NO spellbinders dies. I just don't use the ones I have so why get more just because they are a great deal? She had TONS of stuff left too. I wish the whole store was 75% off. Most of everything was 50% off so that was pretty good too. I did get some penny black clear christmas stamps that were cute. So i hope to find some time to make something tonight.

Paula Carden
10-27-2012, 05:51 PM
I thought she was going to do an online store, I saw the email about closing sometime ago but understood she would do online ordering.
Sad when they come and go. Stamper's Alley was busy yesterday when I stopped in.

Christie
10-27-2012, 07:19 PM
The cool pink one that was here shut down earlier this year so now it's either M's or HL for me.

cindi
10-27-2012, 08:16 PM
so sad to see the LSS's closing
:(

ccstampin12
10-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Unless we want to travel for an hour and a half to get to our nearest LSS, we have M's, ACM's, and JA's only.
I am desperately needing some fine glitter...so hope one of these places has some. I am making about 300 paper stars and glittering both sides of them. It's for an organization I'm a member of....holiday tea decorations. How did I get myself into that? Oh..I know...I offered!!! Little did I know how many they were going to want!!! LOL
Still miss Colorful Creations so much....they always had glitter!!!

Paula Carden
10-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Unless we want to travel for an hour and a half to get to our nearest LSS, we have M's, ACM's, and JA's only.
I am desperately needing some fine glitter...so hope one of these places has some. I am making about 300 paper stars and glittering both sides of them. It's for an organization I'm a member of....holiday tea decorations. How did I get myself into that? Oh..I know...I offered!!! Little did I know how many they were going to want!!! LOL
Still miss Colorful Creations so much....they always had glitter!!!

300 paper stars? All with glitter- you will shine so bright we will be able to see you all the way here in the south!! Can't wait to see what they look like.

Patty
10-27-2012, 09:36 PM
yeah---post a pic please. If I'd known sooner I coulda bought some for you. When do you need it by???

MnMommy2
10-27-2012, 10:22 PM
We have a stamp store about 45 minutes away from us but it is all their own designs. I don't hardly ever go there but they do have an online site I order from often. Our town/Minnesota has never really been big into stamping although our large independent craft store has a very large stamp section of all kinds of manufacturers.

iloveflipflops
10-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Paula, they are going to be online ONLY but I meant to say, I won't have a store to go to anymore.

I do love Stampers Alley. I was just there on Wed and it was the first time I had seen Brenda since her husband passed away.

cindi
10-27-2012, 10:46 PM
oohh Joanie..you must share [pics!!