PDA

View Full Version : We had about 1 inch of snow this am...

Paula Carden
12-21-2012, 12:31 PM
and it is very blustery! Cold, Windy. The winds have been pretty high all night and day but so far no trees down at our place.

I have a terrible cold, working from home today. I have been out of work most of the week hoping I could keep it away. I took some cold meds last night and never went to sleep. My whole body was tembling inside(that is a lot of tembling too lol). No more of that stuff for me. At least my heart has slowed down. I sure don't know how people can take METH and not die.

Snow for anyone else today?

RubberLady603
12-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Yup...about 6 inches and now it's freezing rain. Was supposed to drive to Bangor today (3.5 hrs on good day) but decided to leave early in the morning instead.
I don't like that cold medicine either. Makes your insides feel like jello.

cindi
12-21-2012, 08:02 PM
good plan dee..it has rained here all day, but not melting teh coating of snow we have,..so now we haVe water over snow..ice! the roads ARE ok right now..but if the tempts dip down a few degrees,..it will be a MESS..sigh
have I mentioned I do NOT like winter?
:)

maxiesmom
12-21-2012, 09:17 PM
have I mentioned I do NOT like winter?:)

Cindi, I think you might live in the wrong state. It's just a feeling I have.

cindi
12-21-2012, 10:48 PM
lol! kathy..you are so right..but family and friends keep me right here... I wonder if tracy W would take me in??

;)

iloveflipflops
12-21-2012, 11:07 PM
No snow here but I don't think it made it out of the 40's all day. Of course, i was stuck INSIDE selling perfume at Belks all day and into the night. I've worked 3 10 hour days in a row and its getting very tiring!!!

cindi
12-21-2012, 11:20 PM
No snow here but I don't think it made it out of the 40's all day. Of course, i was stuck INSIDE selling perfume at Belks all day and into the night. I've worked 3 10 hour days in a row and its getting very tiring!!!

I would be pooped right out!! I think Paula said she got snow..it's not that far away from you
:)

HeatherJ
12-22-2012, 09:08 AM
The rain melted all our snow last night. Gusty driving, too. But seems to be clearing now.
Paula, sorry about your cold. Em is losing her battle with her sinus / chest cold. Prescription needed now.
Fred gets the "heebee jeebees", as he calls it, whenever he tries cold meds. He can't take them either. Tylenol cold and sinus got me through the fall without missing work.

Hope everyone gets to rest a bit today and all driving is "clear sailing"

maxiesmom
12-22-2012, 09:28 AM
We just had a dusting, but it was enough that I had to clear off my car with an ice scraper after work. But dang was it windy last night!