PDA

View Full Version : For those not on fb, here is my holiday drama this year ...

iloveflipflops
12-28-2012, 02:13 PM
9207Did everyone have a nice Christmas? My mil is here till Monday. We had 15 people over yesterday for dinner. I asked one daughter to bring lasagna and one daughter to bring deviled eggs. Instead of them cooking them at home before they left, they brought all the ingredients here and cooked it here. Then were nice enough to leave me the dirty dishes!!!

And the funny thing is "Troy" told me to tell her to cook the lasagna at home BEFORE she came and I said certainly she knows to do that! So I texted her and told her and her response was no I'm cooking it when I get there. They showed up 2 hrs LATE and everyone was starving. At least we had lots of snacks to snack on while we waited for the lasagna to cook!!!

Until next Christmas, then I will do it all over again. LOL

suzi_f
12-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I cant believe someone would try to MAKE lasagna at someone else's house!!!!! And to be LATE on top of it. Family....whaddayagonnado????

maxiesmom
12-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Wow, that is crazy inconsiderate. I can't even imagine doing that. And thank you for taking us non FB people into account! I wanna hear what's going on too.

Paula Carden
12-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I can't believe anyone that is suppose to be bringing one of the main dishes would not prepare it a head of time and get there early not late. Why bother if you are going to be that late. Like Kathy said we like to hear what's happening here too!!

Patty
12-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Wow!!! In her position I think I would have picked 1 or 2 Stoffer's frozen lasagnas!! And maybe you want to think about paper plates next year!!! Wow!!!

iloveflipflops
12-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Good point Patty!! Paper plates for sure!!! I'm not talking about just the plates though. They left me the PANS to clean up too from the lasagna and the hard boiled eggs.

I'm still fuming!!

maxiesmom
12-28-2012, 08:13 PM
I still cannot get over this, pans too? These are women, not 12 y/o girls? WTF, would they want someone doing this in their house? Unreal!

Paula Carden
12-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Need to go their house next year-oh don't bring anything and don't help clean up

penelope
12-28-2012, 09:56 PM
I have never had that happen to me or heard of that. You are just to kindhearted. I would have told them to leave my kitchen. When I am preparing, that is my domain. The pans I would have thrown out and told them if they asked for them back. Geez that is so rude- Nancy

cindi
12-29-2012, 12:20 AM
yes, Nancy, paula and everyone's responces reminds me..you can pic your friends but not your family!! i say next year just do finger foods.unless you want to take on more..gessh

RubberLady603
12-29-2012, 08:30 AM
That's how it used to go at my house too! I would do all the cooking and everyone would leave the mess for me. The last 2 holidays I turned the tables on them. Ate at their house and left the mess. Hoping that they took the hint! LOL!

midnitecreations
12-29-2012, 04:36 PM
turning the table doesn't always open their eyes. take turns doing the holidays at your and their homes. At least this way, you will only have to clean the mess every 2-3 years

Patty
12-29-2012, 06:20 PM
If I was in that family it would be frozen heat and serve for everything!!! All in disposable containers!!!