PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard has hit but seems to have subsided for a bit

HeatherJ
02-09-2013, 11:21 AM
The forecast tells me we are not done with the snow, but for now, it has stopped and just blowing around. We have received 12 inches so far. Lots of flooding along the coast. The roads are plowed yet so we won't go to look at the boat for a bit.

Nice to be inside!!

cindi
02-09-2013, 01:36 PM
ya..you've got more coming..hang on
:)

HeatherJ
02-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the warning! :) We did a little drive around town after the plow came. Needed 4W drive but not bad on the plowed parts. Nothing much open in town - a few of the big chain supermarkets, and my hair salon because they planned their grand opening, but that's it. You know their is serious snowfall warnings when they close all the liquor stores in this end of the province. (We can't buy it at stores like you folks, just gov't run outlets.)

cindi
02-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the warning! :) We did a little drive around town after the plow came. Needed 4W drive but not bad on the plowed parts. Nothing much open in town - a few of the big chain supermarkets, and my hair salon because they planned their grand opening, but that's it. You know their is serious snowfall warnings when they close all the liquor stores in this end of the province. (We can't buy it at stores like you folks, just gov't run outlets.)

oh..I could not live there! I'd have to have a major stockpile..lol
:)

RubberLady603
02-10-2013, 06:23 AM
LOL! We have to go to a state liquor store too. You can get wine and beer in pretty much any store but not liquor.

HeatherJ
02-10-2013, 07:49 AM
All alcoholic drinks are in "state" gov't stores only. We have two in our town of 8000.

RubberLady603
02-10-2013, 09:13 AM
two stores for 8000 peeps?! It must be a pain around the holidays!