PDA

View Full Version : logging in from home page

ranaleigh
01-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Does anyone else have problems when logging in from the homepage? When I log in from there, it gives me the "Thank you for logging in" message and then takes me back to the limited version of the home page. If I click on Forums, then it asks me to log in again, only this time it actually lets me in.

lost luggage
01-20-2007, 02:58 PM
YES! YES! lol I have this problem sometimes too...not sure why...I am so happy it isn't me! LOL!!

Here is what I do to avoid it though: When I log in and don't get "in", I click on one of the tabs and it takes me to the full version. Does that make sense? So, I login, am not in, then I click on "member list" for example and it takes my into the site. Crazy...and probably doesn't make logical sense... haha.

Sherry
01-20-2007, 03:01 PM
When you log in, be sure to click the "Remember Me" button. Some users have trouble fully logging in if this button is not clicked.

Swanie78
01-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I have the same problem from work too. I have to trick the site into letting me in.
I usually log in, go to swaps, then click on new posts and itll be normal for me from then on. If it wont do it after doing that, I go in and delete the cookies on the computer that Im on and then log in and it works fine.
I dont want to/cant click on the "remember me" button because of being at work, I dont want others to have access to my log in/profile. :)

ranaleigh
01-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the advice ladies. Sherry, I'll try the "remember me" button and let you know if I'm still having problems.

ranaleigh
01-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Still having problems logging in from homepage; even checking the "Remember me" box will not result in a successful login.

Sherry
01-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Still having problems logging in from homepage; even checking the "Remember me" box will not result in a successful login.

Hi Rhiana,

First of all, let me say that I am very sorry for the problems you are experiencing logging in. Are you by chance an AOL or MSN user?
Some users, particularly users of AOL, have trouble using vbulletin run communities. This problem is a direct result of how your host handles their clients. For example, AOL randomly changes the host between requests resulting in the session being destroyed. This is not a problem with The Stamp Shack website - it is a problem acknowleged and accepted by the coders of the vbulletin software. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that I can fix on my end that will allow you to log in properly.

The following suggestions have been issued by the developers of the vbulletin software.

Always click on the "Remember Me" box when logging in
If you can, try an alternate browser such as IE or Mozilla Firefox instead of the AOL/MSN browser.
I hope this helps you out.
Sherry