PDA

View Full Version : KAI Scissors

tojoco
10-25-2006, 10:40 PM
OMG, I thought I had a great pair of scissors to cut out my unmounted stamps until I received my order in the mail today. I just mounted some rubber on ezmount and cut out the stamps using my new KAI scissors. WOW! I can't get over the difference in cuts. These scissors are awesome. I will never ever use anything other than these KAI scissors for rubber stamping mounting and cutting again.

Where have these scissors been all my life? Is there something else to use that I'm not aware of and need to try?

jdpisces
10-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Aren't they cool? I love mine too! I have them in 2 sizes, a longer set and a shorter set. The shorter set is good for more detailed cuts. They are worth every penny!

Julie :)

lost luggage
10-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Do you use these only to cut rubber?? Or paper too??

keltie
10-25-2006, 11:34 PM
WHere didyou get them. I've never heard of them?
Heather

tojoco
10-25-2006, 11:54 PM
This is where I got mine but only because I ordered other supplies. I'm sure they are available all over the place.

http://www.sundayint.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=58

Caboverde1
10-25-2006, 11:55 PM
KAI scissors and I love them too. I started to NOT like angel co. stamps because they were just tooooo hard to deal with.

TOnii

LinzyD
10-26-2006, 12:16 AM
:)

She's said all along that KAI scissors are the best...a lot of people on the board have said some really positive things about them...I haven't really had to mount too many stamps myself, but just the few I've done I've really wished that I had those scissors! I think I'll ask for some for my b-day. Glad your'e enjoying them! Just don't run with them! :D
Linzy

OMG, I thought I had a great pair of scissors to cut out my unmounted stamps until I received my order in the mail today. I just mounted some rubber on ezmount and cut out the stamps using my new KAI scissors. WOW! I can't get over the difference in cuts. These scissors are awesome. I will never ever use anything other than these KAI scissors for rubber stamping mounting and cutting again.

Where have these scissors been all my life? Is there something else to use that I'm not aware of and need to try?

Far North
10-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Julie-the scissors are much bulkier than I would want for detail paper cutting...but when they are the closest thing to my hand I have been known to grab them. They are great for rubber cutting!
...Jan

lost luggage
10-26-2006, 01:51 AM
Thanks, Jan :) That's what I thought..

Since we're talking about scissors...am I correct in assuming that all of the fancy edge making scissors stink and are difficult to work with? I have had extremely bad luck with all patterns and models. ???

LinzyD
10-26-2006, 02:39 AM
I wonder if cutting tin foil would help sharpen them? I wonder what would happen if you cut wax paper? Would that help "lubricate" the scissors? Some of mine have gotten stuck together so hard I can't pull them apart and end of tossing them...:(

Linzy

Thanks, Jan :) That's what I thought..

Since we're talking about scissors...am I correct in assuming that all of the fancy edge making scissors stink and are difficult to work with? I have had extremely bad luck with all patterns and models. ???

iloveflipflops
10-26-2006, 03:18 AM
I don't know if he sells them all the time but i think he does. These KAI scissors are the best for cutting rubber. They cut through like butter :).

Also, i clean all of my scissors with Goo Gone. you can get that at Walmart. Great stuff. Gets the sticky stuff right off and smells great too ;).

suzi_f
10-26-2006, 06:37 AM
Sherri, which guy? I just ordered a pair off eBay & I don't know yet that I'm thrilled w/them. They seem a little cheap. I don't have my SU order yet (hopefully tonite!) so I haven't tried them w/rubber. For the EZ mount foam (I think that's what it's callled) they worked great.

Suzi

mahodgman
10-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Here is my scissor story. I didn't buy any Kai scissors when I first started stamping because I thought they were too expensive. I found a pair that looked like Kai on Ebay for about $5. They were not like Kai! They worked ok, and I used them for awhile. I found those scissors later at Dollar Tree and bought up a bunch of them to sell myself on Ebay. Then one day I got some Kai....well actually Stampin Up, but they are made by Kai, and they are really the best! You can totally tell the difference. Those of you who bought on Ebay may not be getting the real deal. If it doesn't say Stampin Up or Kai on the blade, it is not the same thing. They will work ok, but you won't be raving about them like Joann is about Kai!

I clean my scissors with plain old cheap rubbing alcohol. It works great!

stampcrazyjulie
10-26-2006, 09:21 AM
I have always used mu Cutter Bee Scissors, with no problem, but see now that I may need to go buy me some KAI Scissors! :D

Erin K
10-26-2006, 10:36 AM
:)

She's said all along that KAI scissors are the best...a lot of people on the board have said some really positive things about them...I haven't really had to mount too many stamps myself, but just the few I've done I've really wished that I had those scissors! I think I'll ask for some for my b-day. Glad your'e enjoying them! Just don't run with them! :D
Linzy

I'm glad you said it and I didn't have to. I really wish you'd all listen to me. I only have your best interests at heart. Here are a few of my must haves:
1. Get the more expensive watercolor brush, the Niji or whatever one, NOT the three pack that's less $$ Don't you do it! They suck... You will not love them, I promise
2. Prismacolor pencils, get them, you probably don't need the 140 pack like I got, but get a 36 pack with your michael's coupon. You will LOVE them.
3. The Lyra flesh tone pencils. Don't think they are just for artsy people who draw faces and stuff, they are like 12 brown/tan shades and perfect for all your animals that we all like to color. Even with 140 Prismacolors I don't have enough browns. (Oh they are fat though, like kids pencils hasn't been a problem for me, but you should know)
4. Get you some Kai Scissors, just do it, I know they seem really expensive, but if you are cutting any rubber at all get them. I know you could get a whole additional SU or TAC set for the price, buy them anyhow.

That's all I can think of right now. :)