PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone up to?

Paula Carden
06-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Pretty quiet here!!
What is everyone doing? Projects?
Cardmaking?
Summer vacation plans?

I have been really busy catching up at work since vacation. 2 weeks is the longest that I have taken at one time in a while. Makes me wonder if it was worth it. We had a wonderful trip, saw some beautiful sites and relaxed a lot especially on the cruise. Everything was taken care of for us. The only thing I had to do was shower, dress etc...We had a balcony so we could just relax on it.

Share your projects, plans etc with us. We need to get this board jazzed up again!!

HeatherJ
06-23-2013, 09:01 AM
I am knee deep in report cards this past week. No housework or stamping getting done! This is the last week of school coming up so vacation time is in sight! It seems all the cards I made lately are CASED so I haven't been posting them. Perhaps I will get more creative this summer.

Paula Carden
06-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Heather I know you must be looking forward to the end of the school year...rest in site.
Please share your "Cased" cards-they provide inspiration to me. You always make some really cute cards.
I have spent the morning re-doing my nesties and other dies I finally broke down and took them out of the original packages and put them in DVD cases (from A Muse) so that they are easy to access and have them out on my table instead of drawer. Perhaps I will use them more often. Also I took a square "31" basket and put my embossing folders in them...out on the table instead of a drawer-idea to use more if I can see them.

HeatherJ
06-23-2013, 10:20 AM
That is a good idea. I find I forget about all the wonderful things I have and they never get used.

suzi_f
06-23-2013, 10:48 AM
I had PLANNED on getting inky yesterday but it didn't work out. Errands all morning, an impromptu nap in the afternoon. Then, my mother called & she's coming up today to have my bro look at her computer!!!! I dont think she'll stay more than overnight but you never know. I need to clean off my table 'cause they sleep down in the basement in the family room and I just hate to have all my stuff everywhere. Plus, you never know when she'll leave water/soda/coffee somewhere & either she or the cat will knock it over. LOL

Becca got her wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. She's didn't sleep for the first 3 days & now, she's got pain in the teeth that remain on the left side. REALLY sensitive to cold. She's finally sleeping more now that the dr took her off the narcotic pain pills & she's on plain motrin (800mg!!) but she can't EAT now. :( Scott will call the surgeon and/or take her in on monday.

We're going on vacation in 2 weeks, kids have LOTS of studying to do, month end this week so that means working late Thur & Fri and SUPPOSEDLY, we're getting a new computer system on 7/1... I'll believe it when i see it!!! LOL

iloveflipflops
06-23-2013, 10:59 AM
No stamping here. In fact, I haven't stamped since April at Palooza. I'm going to take a complete break from stamping and see what happens.

This crazy part-time job has been like 60 hours this week so who has the energy to stamp after that? Not me!

I also made the decision to quit A Muse Studio. It just doesn't excite me like it used to.

Not doing much of anything but working. Hopefully it will calm down soon. All the Walmarts are doing their laptop resets and their gift card resets this week and next. Which means for laptops, it takes about 8-10 hours PER STORE to take down the old laptops, put out the new ones, hook them all up, put the new signage up, and add a windows 8 demo to each one. As for the gift cards, those take 14-16 HOURS per store and that is a HUGE deal!! I've got 2 stores down and 1 more to go ... The other thing is .... they have to be done in the early mornings. The less people there, the better. And I refuse to work all night long. I usually go in around 6 am and work till noon then get up and do it the next day too, till its done.

Paula Carden
06-23-2013, 12:15 PM
I had PLANNED on getting inky yesterday but it didn't work out. Errands all morning, an impromptu nap in the afternoon. Then, my mother called & she's coming up today to have my bro look at her computer!!!! I dont think she'll stay more than overnight but you never know. I need to clean off my table 'cause they sleep down in the basement in the family room and I just hate to have all my stuff everywhere. Plus, you never know when she'll leave water/soda/coffee somewhere & either she or the cat will knock it over. LOL

Becca got her wisdom teeth out on Tuesday. She's didn't sleep for the first 3 days & now, she's got pain in the teeth that remain on the left side. REALLY sensitive to cold. She's finally sleeping more now that the dr took her off the narcotic pain pills & she's on plain motrin (800mg!!) but she can't EAT now. :( Scott will call the surgeon and/or take her in on monday.

We're going on vacation in 2 weeks, kids have LOTS of studying to do, month end this week so that means working late Thur & Fri and SUPPOSEDLY, we're getting a new computer system on 7/1... I'll believe it when i see it!!! LOL

So sorry Becca is having a hard time with her teeth. No dry socket when she saw the dentist? That makes for a painful healing period. Hope she is back to normal soon!!

I had to clean my stamping table off, I could not stand it anymore. So I accomplished that last night and this am after I finished my ATC's for Christie wings. Gotta get'em in mail first thing in the am so they won't be late.

Paula Carden
06-23-2013, 12:19 PM
No stamping here. In fact, I haven't stamped since April at Palooza. I'm going to take a complete break from stamping and see what happens.

This crazy part-time job has been like 60 hours this week so who has the energy to stamp after that? Not me!

I also made the decision to quit A Muse Studio. It just doesn't excite me like it used to.

Not doing much of anything but working. Hopefully it will calm down soon. All the Walmarts are doing their laptop resets and their gift card resets this week and next. Which means for laptops, it takes about 8-10 hours PER STORE to take down the old laptops, put out the new ones, hook them all up, put the new signage up, and add a windows 8 demo to each one. As for the gift cards, those take 14-16 HOURS per store and that is a HUGE deal!! I've got 2 stores down and 1 more to go ... The other thing is .... they have to be done in the early mornings. The less people there, the better. And I refuse to work all night long. I usually go in around 6 am and work till noon then get up and do it the next day too, till its done.

Oh I don't blame you for not working all night. I prefer early am, then home early. I know what you mean about the long hours. We are getting ready for a 2 day marathon of FREE Dental work for patients around and in WNC. It takes a day to set up the Ramsey Center at WCU and then it means getting there in the mid of the night to register people etc... We will see 300-500 people in two days.

Sorry you are not enjoying A Muse, this quarter has been hard for me to find enough to meet the mini. I will try one more qtr as I am my only customer. I should try to find some but not sure exactly how to do that.
I hope you don't give up stamping all together, but a few months back I had a hard time making anything. now its all better. Maybe when work slows down for you -you will get your mojo back.

Paula Carden
06-23-2013, 04:35 PM
bumming up for others to add what is happening-

Patty
06-23-2013, 04:40 PM

Wow Sherri...I didn'tknow you were working for Wallmart??? or is it the computer company???

Patty
06-23-2013, 04:41 PM
I am knee deep in report cards this past week. No housework or stamping getting done! This is the last week of school coming up so vacation time is in sight! It seems all the cards I made lately are CASED so I haven't been posting them. Perhaps I will get more creative this summer.

Heather...what does "cased" mean?

Patty
06-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Oh Paula...I feel like I'm wasting the day. I was going to get up today and stamp all day. Then I thought I better get up today and work on my paperwork before something is paid "late"!!! Instead, I sat on the couch with cereal and played solitare mindlessly for way too long. Then my dd called and asked me to come over to help her with something--would only take a few minutes. Ok, did that. Then I came back all charged up to stamp, next thing I knew I was laying on the couch...NOW, at 4:43pm, I'm going up to get inky!!! Grrrr...it's too hot to do much!!!

HeatherJ
06-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Heather...what does "cased" mean?

Patty, CASE is an acronym for Copy And Steal Everything. (I prefer to say Copy After Seeing Example, but that isn't the real meaning!) I save a lot of design ideas from Pinterest and blogs and would normally alter them somewhat so they are not a full out copy. But the one I made for Fathers Day was pretty much the same as the gal that posted it.

MnMommy2
06-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Just got back from 5th wheel camping since Thursday. Going to take a late nap then catch up on some swaps.
Dealing with a Sinus Infection and plugged ears once again, worst feeling in the world. After almost 10 months of this it is getting quite old!

Paula Carden
06-23-2013, 07:30 PM
I don't think it is for Walmart but the company that puts the products in stores

Paula Carden
06-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Just got back from 5th wheel camping since Thursday. Going to take a late nap then catch up on some swaps.
Dealing with a Sinus Infection and plugged ears once again, worst feeling in the world. After almost 10 months of this it is getting quite old!

Camping sounds fun-especially if you were not sick. Sorry you having such a time. Have they checked you for a fungal infection in your sinus? That is such a long and miserable feeling! Feel better soon!! Did your kids enjoy camping?

Paula Carden
06-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Oh Paula...I feel like I'm wasting the day. I was going to get up today and stamp all day. Then I thought I better get up today and work on my paperwork before something is paid "late"!!! Instead, I sat on the couch with cereal and played solitare mindlessly for way too long. Then my dd called and asked me to come over to help her with something--would only take a few minutes. Ok, did that. Then I came back all charged up to stamp, next thing I knew I was laying on the couch...NOW, at 4:43pm, I'm going up to get inky!!! Grrrr...it's too hot to do much!!!

I have spent almost all day cleaning up around my table and putting away supplies etc... I need to get some projects done. Now I think I am to tired to do much. I did make a couple of cards....time to start Christmas cards- about 6 months away now.

MnMommy2
06-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Camping sounds fun-especially if you were not sick. Sorry you having such a time. Have they checked you for a fungal infection in your sinus? That is such a long and miserable feeling! Feel better soon!! Did your kids enjoy camping?

My ENT doctor has not checked for fungal infection, I just went to the Express care last week. I think I need to find a New ENT cause they are just not helping me at all. I got antibiotics but I finished them yesterday and still feel like crud, with coughing junk up and of course ear is still plugged (not sure if fluid is gone or not). I'll just pump the water and continue with applying/diffusing my Essential Oils.

Boys had fun camping, youngest son wiped out on his bike and scraped up his knees real bad, falling on that gravel will really mess you up! That was the first time I saw him cry in a long time, he is a tough kid though.

We will go back camping on Thursday night as well. We bought a seasonal site for our camper this year and we are loving it, it is only an hour away and on a lake which is so relaxing and the folks there are so nice!

ngreek
06-24-2013, 12:57 AM
So I have been minimally on here. My life is filled with school and work. I only have a little over a year left then I will be done with school. I did take time to stamp yesterday at Mary Hodgman's stamp camp which was awesome with using some of the new stamp sets from the Stampin Up catalogue.

I know I need to take more time to stamp and I was thinking about putting up a swap with the theme of making a card using any stamps from the new Stampin Up catalogue.

cindi
06-24-2013, 09:37 AM
a little work..a little stamping, and as much play as gary & I can squeeze in,,lol.
Yesterday we spent the day at camp with family andn got the rest of the dock in..now it feels like summer.
:)

Patty
06-24-2013, 12:49 PM
My ENT doctor has not checked for fungal infection, I just went to the Express care last week. I think I need to find a New ENT cause they are just not helping me at all. I got antibiotics but I finished them yesterday and still feel like crud, with coughing junk up and of course ear is still plugged (not sure if fluid is gone or not). I'll just pump the water and continue with applying/diffusing my Essential Oils.

Boys had fun camping, youngest son wiped out on his bike and scraped up his knees real bad, falling on that gravel will really mess you up! That was the first time I saw him cry in a long time, he is a tough kid though.

We will go back camping on Thursday night as well. We bought a seasonal site for our camper this year and we are loving it, it is only an hour away and on a lake which is so relaxing and the folks there are so nice!
We used to go camping quite a few years ago. My sister, Ellie, and her family had a big camping trailer, as did our good friends. We really enjoyed it. We used to talk about the fact that when you are there, there are no"housework chores" hanging over your head...just what's necessary to eat the next meal. Then go back and finish relaxing!! It was wonderful!!!

MnMommy2
06-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Yes we are going back on Thursday of this week. It is a very relaxing place to be! This past weekend the campground was dead because there was a lot of bad storms all around locally. We missed the bulk of them going camping, otherwise our hometown was out of power from Friday night to Sunday. It was like we were the only folks in the campground, the only people with children so our boys were on their own. I know this week there will be more folks, hopefully that is.

iloveflipflops
06-24-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm not employed by Walmart. I work for a company that goes into Walmarts and Sams stores and I do their video games, gift card sorting, auditing their cameras, auditing their laptops, printers ... I really like it and can make my own hours which I loved that about perfume when I did that.

Patty
06-24-2013, 08:43 PM
Oh Sherri...I didn't know you changed jobs. I'm glad you like it.

Far North
06-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Since I never had any basic art training my current big project is taking an Introduction to Art in a Massively Open Online Class (MOOC) by Coursera (https://www.coursera.org). These are free online classes conducted by outstanding college professors from the finest universities around the world. A lot of the course content is often similar to what the professor’s present in their traditional classes but it is redesigned to work online with current technology. College credit is not available for these classes but a certificate of completion can be achieved or one can sift through the course content and learn what you desire from the class.

Have large do you think constitutes a “massively large class”? Well, there are 56,000 students enrolled in my art class? It sure makes for interesting forum discussion when participation truly feels global and students have very diverse experience, access to products, education, etc. Next week I begin another class on the Science of Cooking presented by 2 professors from Hong Kong.
I am also enrolled in a class for the end of July that is titled “Drawing for those with no time nor ability”

As for stamping, I continue to participant in Splitcoaststampers MIXED challenges that focus on a specific technique each week; 2Peas annual summer challenge event ends today; and of course I have enjoyed playing in Joan’s card swaps here. I will try to post the my swap cards in the gallery soon. My other cards and projects are posted on my blog as I have time.

Retirement life is the best!

MnMommy2
06-25-2013, 01:49 AM
On Thursday I take my ACCUPLACER placement test for college courses. I've not even practiced any math portions, I suck at math so bad!
I need to practice tomorrow!! Yes, I am such a procrastinator!

In the Fall I will become a part time student. I am going into the Advertising Communication & Design and Web Design AAS.

HeatherJ
06-25-2013, 06:24 AM
Jan, that is a BIG class! But is sounds like a wonderful opportunity to learn some new techniques.

Patty
06-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Wow!! Hurray for both of you! You'll both be GREAT!!! Please be sure to keep us posted!!!

Christie
06-25-2013, 02:20 PM
We got back on Saturday from our vacation in the Ozarks of Missouri. Had a blast and have been trying to play catch up every since. I start my new job tomorrow....not wanting to but gotta do it some time or another so might as well be now!

cindi
06-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Since I never had any basic art training my current big project is taking an Introduction to Art in a Massively Open Online Class (MOOC) by Coursera (https://www.coursera.org). These are free online classes conducted by outstanding college professors from the finest universities around the world. A lot of the course content is often similar to what the professor’s present in their traditional classes but it is redesigned to work online with current technology. College credit is not available for these classes but a certificate of completion can be achieved or one can sift through the course content and learn what you desire from the class.

Have large do you think constitutes a “massively large class”? Well, there are 56,000 students enrolled in my art class? It sure makes for interesting forum discussion when participation truly feels global and students have very diverse experience, access to products, education, etc. Next week I begin another class on the Science of Cooking presented by 2 professors from Hong Kong.
I am also enrolled in a class for the end of July that is titled “Drawing for those with no time nor ability”

As for stamping, I continue to participant in Splitcoaststampers MIXED challenges that focus on a specific technique each week; 2Peas annual summer challenge event ends today; and of course I have enjoyed playing in Joan’s card swaps here. I will try to post the my swap cards in the gallery soon. My other cards and projects are posted on my blog as I have time.

Retirement life is the best!

WOW, jan that sounds way cool
:)

Far North
06-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Hey Christie, what is your new job? Sending you good wishes for tomorrow and let us know how it goes!

Paula Carden
06-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Yes Christie tells us about your new job! Best wishes on your first day.
Jan-congrats on taking classes- I bet it is fun

Good for you Renee going back to school, as Nicole can attest too it requires patience when you are an adult learner. It is great to fulfill your goals and keep on keeping until you are where you want to be.

ngreek
06-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Renee,
The best advice I can give with being in school is make sure to find time to balance time for yourself. School, family and work make it tough to balance. I try to schedule my time to have at least once every two weeks a few hours just to have time for me with stamping or some crafting time. I find my stress levels are higher when I don't take the time for that.

Good Luck!!! An education is one thing no one can ever take from you.