PDA

View Full Version : My resignation from Moderator duties

loobylou
02-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Well Ladies, the time has come for me to step down from my moderating duties at the Stamp Shack. Due to lack of support from the owner/host of the Stamp Shack website and resulting lack of participation by members I no longer wish to be a moderator here. This once thriving hive of friendship and inspiration has been reduced to a mere shell. I don't need the drama that the few unhappy members bring into my life. I will be a regular member from now on. I notified the Shack host 3 days ago and have had no response, so I just wanted to let you all know that I will be forwarding any moderator emails or private messages from here on in to the Shack host.
I have had no personal communication from the Shack Host since June. If you look at his member page here (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/member.php?u=4327) you will see he hasn't visited our site since 08-29-2013.

Paula Carden
02-01-2014, 06:45 AM
Sarah I am so sorry that this is happening!! You have been a great moderator all of these years! I so very much appreciate all of the work you have put into the Shack!!! You have made a better place.

I too don't see how it can survive much longer, I am very sad as I used to look forward to coming here each day and catching up on all the happenings and finding lots of inspiration for not only stamping but just everyday life.
I fear we will lose contact with many of our Shackie friends if the site folds.

Again, THANK YOU for all you have done and I am sorry that a few have brought you much unhappiness. Please know that the majority of us appreciate all the hard work and dedication!

Rebecca
02-01-2014, 08:04 AM
Sarah, I am so sad to hear this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done for us here at the Shack. It will be a very sad day if the Shack shuts down....

cindi
02-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Paula said exactly what i feel. thank you sarah for all your work and dedication to the shack. Now with no shackhost communications, and we are down to 1 moderator, who quite frankly i would blame if she resigned too, I am wondering anew if I should pay my membership that is coming up. sigh.. makes me sad.
:(

loobylou
02-01-2014, 08:54 AM
I have given 6 years to the Moderating Job. In many ways it has brought me closer to the members here. I will always cherish the friendships I have made at the Shack. I will still be around, but just as a member like the rest of you. I am in the Flood swap and looking forward to still sending and receiving cards to/from all the lovely ladies . I have the address of everyone I am connected with here at the Shack written in my address book .Thankyou for your support Ladies.

tesschap
02-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Thanks for your efforts Sarah. I wish I was internet savvy as I would revive the Shack somehow and make it what it used to be!

maxiesmom
02-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks for your efforts Sarah. I wish I was internet savvy as I would revive the Shack somehow and make it what it used to be!

I've thought that myself, Teresa. Or if I had the cash to run it. So sorry to see us losing both of you as moderators, but can totally understand your reasons for doing so. Very sad what our home here has turned into.

HeatherJ
02-01-2014, 12:39 PM
I check his online status often, too. :-) Thanks again for your dedication over the years. As for the flood, I am wondering if we should copy the names and addresses of the participants because I expect to someday just "not be able to get in" and not everyone is reachable via FB.

maxiesmom
02-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Heather, I was wondering this myself. My renewal is due in a couple weeks as I am sure many are in the coming weeks/months. Is everyone going to want to sign up with how things have been going? I'd be willing to still have it go if the Shack isn't here anymore. Considering I am one of the unreachables.

Paula Carden
02-01-2014, 07:31 PM
I will renew until it is here no more. I am committed to not throwing in the towel. I have enjoyed the Shack and made lots so stamping friends here. I would hate to lose contact!
Also I agree with Teresa and others wish I was savvy enough to know how to run it and restore it, we need Sherry back. I would pay more per year to keep it going. I love swapping here because it is flaker free etc...

shuggy
02-02-2014, 07:08 PM
thanks for everything!

iupindiana
02-02-2014, 07:48 PM
You will be missed as moderator. I have always enjoyed the world connection of the shack. It has brought so many together from so many different places. Please remain as a member, you are so fun to swap with and receiving mail from so far is a delight. Jo Ann iupindiana

firefly
02-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks for everything you've done Sarah and Christie. Since the shack host hasn't logged in for months, how's this site still running?

limeyscrapper
02-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Thank you so much for all the work that you have put in. I also hope that you will stay as a member, I know that we would miss you if you left.
I have enjoyed the Shack so much over the years, I've enjoyed having friends all over the world, although I have not been a very active member during the last few years. It seems ironic that just as I'm managing to get back into making cards, the Shack seems to be on it's last legs, but I will stick around as long as the Shack is here.

spatten2001
02-04-2014, 12:04 AM
I am so very sorry to hear this news ...

firefly
02-04-2014, 07:12 PM
I agree with everyone's sentiments regarding this site. Maybe it's worth it to look around for a place we could move to? Like a Flickr group? Flickr does not offer all the same functionality we have here at The Shack - for example hosting swaps - but it provides a site where members can converse and post pictures of their art. A Flickr group can be private, open to members only. A Flickr account is free.

Just a thought.

Fief14
02-05-2014, 10:16 AM
So sorry to hear this, but appreciate all you've done over the years to keep things in order!

RubberLady603
02-10-2014, 06:09 PM
OMG.... Just seeing this. Thanks so much for being there for us! Hope you will still be around for a visit.

ngreek
02-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Sarah,
Thank you for all you have done as a moderator. I wish I had more time to be more of an active member here but life has gotten very busy. I have appreciated the time, concern and care you have taken with things that have occurred on this site. You and the other moderators made this site what it has been.

logcabincreations
02-15-2014, 01:55 PM
As I mentioned on Christie's thread, I totally understand but *sniff*. I wish there was something else we could do here to have a well-managed, fun and inspiring board that everyone would want to visit daily. If I were a computer geek and had the know-how, I'd take it over myself. ~sigh~ I am not knowledgeable in that department. We need someone who is dedicated and who participates regularly to manage this board. I don't know many men who stamp or scrapbook even.

Nancy
05-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I just joined for free and and will keep it that way for aslong as I can. It wasn't the money issue at all, which I thought was fair. But didn't think it fair for some to join for free and others pay. Still up in the air about that. By the way who is next on the card list for cards to be sent to. - Nancy

maxiesmom
05-11-2014, 07:39 PM
By the way who is next on the card list for cards to be sent to. - Nancy

Nancy, not sure which you're talking about. I know that you know the Flood this month is you and Jennifer since you told me your card is sent out. If you are referring to the new Receive a Card, Send a Card thread, if you sign up now you'd be getting a card from Patty and then you would send to the person that would post beneath your post. If it's something other than this, I'm no help at all!

maxiesmom
05-11-2014, 07:41 PM
P.S. isn't it funny that Sarah posted this about 3 months ago and she is still listed as a moderator under her name? Shows what a big priority we are to the owners. How sad.

loobylou
05-12-2014, 06:56 AM
I have had no communication from the site owners or admin.

iupindiana
05-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Someone mentioned Facebook. Is the stamp shack on Facebook?

cindi
05-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Someone mentioned Facebook. Is the stamp shack on Facebook?

we have agroup on face book..are you not part of it?

iupindiana
05-15-2014, 07:33 PM
What is the group called?
Is it a private group?
iupindiana

cindi
05-15-2014, 11:00 PM
yes..let me see if I can figure out how to add yoyu

ngreek
05-17-2014, 02:49 PM
I am curious how to be added to the facebook page also.

mcourtney
05-17-2014, 03:51 PM
we have agroup on face book..are you not part of it?

I've never been able to find it. I belong a group called the Stamp Shack but me and one other guy are the only members. I don't think it's the right group. Can you add me also? Thanks!

Sherry
09-14-2014, 07:51 AM
Wow, I'm so very sorry to see this once thriving community turn in to this. It's sad :(

maxiesmom
09-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Yes, we are all very sad too. The advent of FB was the beginning coupled with increasingly disinterested owners helped push us down the hill. Nobody could ever match you, Sherry. You were the bestest owner here.

Paula Carden
09-14-2014, 08:12 AM
We are too! I sure wish our Wish Fairy could come back and help us get going. Lot of people have migrated to facebook, some to Outlawz, but too me none are as good as we have here!! I still check in each and everyday. It's pretty lonely here tho.

cindi
09-14-2014, 10:28 AM
yes it is sad, and I miss the business that it used to be. I love my shackie family
:)

ccstampin12
09-19-2014, 04:35 PM
I am just seeing the last of these posts.
We have been away for months...in NY State.
I truly miss this site...it just is so lonely here, with so few of us ever on at the same time.
I know it's all about evolution, but, with the loss of our local stamp store here, and the other one I frequented in CA, my crafty hubs have been lost.
I am sad, and I try to keep going with this beloved craft.
Missing you all!!!

karentom
10-24-2014, 07:26 AM
This is disappointing to hear, especially since I just renewed my membership today after a long time off.
Glad to know you will still be an active member.
Karen S

HeatherJ
10-24-2014, 02:50 PM
hi Karen, As a full member you will be able to post in our gallery. It needs some love!

loobylou
10-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Karen, you are still listed as a junior member.

GSMom385
10-30-2014, 11:34 PM
I am so sorry to hear this but do understand. I hope I will continue to see you on FB I don't have much digital time anymore with my new job but the little I have I love seeing the stuff on FB from you guys.