PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Shack Palzooa's this year?

Paula Carden
02-22-2014, 08:50 AM
The gathering in Springfield made me think about the Palzooa in April and the fall-anyone planning anything this year?

cindi
02-22-2014, 12:57 PM
come join us in Springfiled, paula!!
:)

maxiesmom
02-22-2014, 05:09 PM
No Palooza in April this year. A few ladies had family vacations planned since it is Easter time this year. To fill my yearly stamping need I just booked a weekend retreat with one of our patients. She was new to our office last year and one day came in for her apt. with the new SU catalog. I said to her excitedly "you're a stamper, cause I know that is the new SU catalog". She told me she is a demo and later in the fall gave me a flyer for a weekend she puts on with another demo she knows. I wasn't able to make that one due to our vacation, but she has 2 coming up in April and I am SO going!! Your spot, food, snacks make & takes, use of all the stuff. The only thing missing are the Shackies. Since it's so close, this time I am going to commute to save some money. My bff wants to attend a future one and we'd probably stay then since it's a little farther for her.

But I will miss our yearly trek to the Potawatamii Inn and all my Shackies.

Paula Carden
02-23-2014, 08:14 AM
Cindi-thanks for the invite! I am not sure I can work it out but I would sure love too come.

Kathy sounds like a great weekend, with the commuting you will still have plenty of time to stamp and have loads of fun. I wish I had a stamping group close by. I have been trying to find a few people that would want to get together for stamping and/or scrapping but in my area there just are not many. If I were retired I could go to the Senior Center once or twice a week, they have a group.

maxiesmom
02-23-2014, 08:49 AM
It sounds like they have quite a few ladies at this, maybe 30 so I am hoping we'll meet some nice ladies to get together with too. One can never have too many crafty friends, right?

Paula Carden
02-23-2014, 11:19 AM
It sounds like they have quite a few ladies at this, maybe 30 so I am hoping we'll meet some nice ladies to get together with too. One can never have too many crafty friends, right?

Absolutely you are right!! I always learn something from someone else. Plus its nice to meet new people with a similar interest!

cindi
02-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Kathy that sounds like lots of fun!!!! and paula come if you can work it out
:)

HeatherJ
02-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Kathy, I get to a few of those weekend ones a year and it is really the only stamping I seem to get done. It is great to get swaps finished and a start on Christmas cards. I also add to my "stash" with a few challenges.

maxiesmom
02-23-2014, 09:31 PM
That is exactly what I plan on doing too, Heather. And to maybe use up some of the odds and ends we seem to accumulate over time and various projects that we hate to not use up.

Spartymom
02-24-2014, 07:43 AM
I am going to miss my Palooza friends and the Patowatami Inn. Hopefully next year,we can get together again.