PDA

View Full Version : Punches questions...

Tantalize
01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
I noticed that on many of your cards, that some of you use those large punches. My questions are... (I always have questions! LOL)

1. Are they from marvy uchida?
2. Are they fairly reasonable, where do you buy them?
3. What are the must haves?
Square?
Circle?
Scalloped oval?
What else?? I am checking these out right now as I really like the look of them! You all have done marvelous things with your stamped images and these punches ... further yet enabling me. BAH! lol

PS I do have the EK Success 1 1/2 and a few of its smaller buddies.

spredbirds
01-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I have a 2" square and a 2" circle that are must haves. They are by EK Success called "Whale of a Punch". - Chelsea

GrammaStamper
01-21-2007, 11:23 PM
The scalloped punches are by Marvy Uchida. There are 2 sizes the Mega and the Giga. I'm going for the Giga - approx. 3". I'm going to get them from Frantic Stamper and if you place an order now, she will be getting new stock in during the first week of Feb and orders will be filled as placed. They are $19.99 US. That's all I know, except everywhere is out of stock!

patg
01-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Most of mine are from SU. I have some Marvy Uchida and also like the Whale of a Punch as I like the handle type.

Pat

Tantalize
01-22-2007, 01:05 AM
I didnt even know SU offered them! I have to start checking these Independent stamp places out.

Dibby
01-22-2007, 04:52 AM
I have SU ones and "whale of a punch" in several different sizes as they have all come in handy, depending on what i am making. i also have the SU flower punch and that is a handy one to have! :)

keltie
01-22-2007, 05:27 AM
I got he ones that I have from Frantic stamper. She is great to deal with. Heather

Swanie78
01-22-2007, 06:31 AM
I bought one of my from The Crafters Toybox (http://www.crafterstoybox.com/store/punches.html). Id never heard of the place but when I did a google search for these, her site came up. Plus she was $2 cheaper at $17.99 for the Giga punches. The other 5 that I got I got through JoAnns on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/). Theirs were $10.99 and $13.99 a piece plus I was offered $30 off by Amazon if I signed up for a credit card. As soon as I get that bill Im going to pay it off and close the card :D
JoAnns and Michaels have them, they are just sold out now. Im pretty sure my LSS (in Bellingham, Thanh) has them but I havent been up there to check yet. I have two 40% off coupons for them so Im waiting until the popularity on these slow down a little before I go up there to get them.

Sherry
01-22-2007, 06:39 AM
Not to hijak this thread but does anyone know of a place that sells long reach punches? I'm wanting to punch a 1 1/2" square in the MIDDLE of a piece of 5"x5" cardstock. Unfortunately, most punches only allow you to punch 1 or 2 inches from the edge. :(

loobylou
01-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Do you have access to a cricut Sherry? I used one last week at a friends and was able to cut a square any size from 1" to 5" and could manually choose the position on a card. It was really easy

Sherry
01-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Okay, that's it. I've got to get a cricut!!

GrammaStamper
01-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Man, Sherry, are you easy, or what? But, then, great minds think alike! LOL!

mahodgman
01-22-2007, 08:27 AM
The scalloped punches are by Marvy Uchida. There are 2 sizes the Mega and the Giga. I'm going for the Giga - approx. 3". I'm going to get them from Frantic Stamper and if you place an order now, she will be getting new stock in during the first week of Feb and orders will be filled as placed. They are $19.99 US. That's all I know, except everywhere is out of stock!

Barb, have you tried Addicted to Rubber Stamps? I don't know if they are in stock or not, but they seemed to have good prices. I'll go find a link.

Edit: They are not out of stock. Bummer!

stampinnutof3
01-22-2007, 09:26 AM
I bought one of my from The Crafters Toybox (http://www.crafterstoybox.com/store/punches.html). Id never heard of the place but when I did a google search for these, her site came up. Plus she was $2 cheaper at $17.99 for the Giga punches. The other 5 that I got I got through JoAnns on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/). Theirs were $10.99 and $13.99 a piece plus I was offered $30 off by Amazon if I signed up for a credit card. As soon as I get that bill Im going to pay it off and close the card :D
JoAnns and Michaels have them, they are just sold out now. Im pretty sure my LSS (in Bellingham, Thanh) has them but I havent been up there to check yet. I have two 40% off coupons for them so Im waiting until the popularity on these slow down a little before I go up there to get them.

Just an FYI everything on Amazon is Currently unavailable! :realmad:

Swanie78
01-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Just an FYI everything on Amazon is Currently unavailable! :realmad:
Oh, sorry for rubbing that in then. That sucks! :wacko:

Swanie78
01-22-2007, 09:40 AM
The toy box has the square one in stock and if it helps, out of all of them, I like that one the best so far :)

stampinnutof3
01-22-2007, 10:21 AM
No problem...I am getting used to getting that message nobody has those punches!

lost luggage
01-22-2007, 11:10 AM
My Michael's carries long reach punches...

I have never bought a punch for less than 40% off. They are usually my item of choice for the coupons :)

AmyR
01-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Another place that carries the Marvy Punches is stampingfreak.com: http://stampingfreak.com/

However they're sold out right now of the Giga Scalloped Oval and Giga Scalloped Circle - but i was told they're expecting a shipment soon so you just need to keep your eye out.

These punches sell out FAST so you have to jump on them when you find them in stock!! The best ones are the Giga Scalloped Circle, Oval and Square. It's nice to have the Mega Scalloped ones too, and then the mega PLAIN oval and Mega plain circle to layer inside the Giga punches.

Also a good idea is to double check the shipping b/c some online stores charge more to ship these punches b/c they're quite heavy!!

I HTH (I get asked ALL the time about these punches - I use them on everything!!!) :)

Tantalize
01-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Thank you so much ladies! heres another one:

Do you prefer the Clever Lever design over the regular Marvy punches? Im assuming so... as the name does say "clever." I think one of my LSS does sell these guys for a reasonable price ...21.95 for the Giga and 17.99 for the mega. But it looks like I am just going to have to wait it out until they get some more.

AmyR
01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Oh yes I should have mentioned - CLEVER LEVER all the way!!! I have the old (button) style ones and I literally have to stand up and put my full weight into punching them - a TOTAL pain.

So yes you want the Clever Lever - they are MUCH nicer and WAY easier to punch!!! :)

firefly
01-23-2007, 06:44 PM
www.1stopsquare.com

A few days ago I ordered the mega-size scalloped punches from this site. I don't have any experience with them so can't say much about their delivery or service yet. According to their web site, they have them in stock, but since I haven't received them yet, don't know for sure. Someone here had posted this web site a few weeks ago. HTH - Sally

Patty
01-30-2007, 03:11 PM
I can't tell you my brands cuz i'm on here at work (shhh)--but I bought most of them at Michael's with a coupon. I like all the shapes you mentioned--a big and a small--that way you can layer them! My 2 cents

flyingflower
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Clever lever is MUCH better! I STAND on those button type ones, but can use 2 fingers on the lever ones :)

I buy mine through TAC when I do a "party" order for myself & get them @ 1/2 price.

barbie-love
01-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I have stampin up punches they are great

barbie-love
01-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I also have the cricut and it is really veristile I love it.

daffodil
02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I am a punch addict and have almost all of SU's punches. I have arthritis in my hands and the handles on these are easy for me to use. I agree with Dibby...the flower punch is a must have. Love using that with vellum!
They have some new ones coming in the Spring Mini Catalogue!

juliej
02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
marvy uchida has the round instock now.