PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the new clear stamps by Hero Arts yet?

iloveflipflops
10-26-2006, 12:18 PM
They are letters. I finally saw them today in person. I bought one set to see how I like them.... Maybe I can play with it today.

little01jd
10-26-2006, 12:32 PM
I have not seen them in stores around me yet. I really want to see them in person as well. Where did you find yours?

teabear
10-26-2006, 12:34 PM
don't press really hard when you stamp with them. Acrylics really give when you press too hard and look smeary. Press lightly for a good image.

Erin K
10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I don't love acrlyics the ink seems to bead up on them and i just get strange coverage.

I hope you enjoy yours though.
e

MidwestStamper
10-26-2006, 01:02 PM
I had that happen when I used SU! regular black ink. But I just did a project where I used Brilliance black ink and it didn't do the beading up--it made a great image. I had read about Brilliance brand on PCMB, so I thought I'd try it and it worked great with my acrylic stamp.

Wendy R
10-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Well, I'm excited to hear that Hero Arts is doing this! woo hoo! I'm heading to a good LSS (LOL, not like my normal old boring LSS) next weekend...I hope they have these. I want to see them!

iloveflipflops
10-26-2006, 01:43 PM
http://www.heroarts.com/products/downloads.cfm?cat=all

Click on clear designs

Erin K
10-26-2006, 01:47 PM
I have seen these, they look cool. What letter did you get?

stampcrazyjulie
10-26-2006, 02:00 PM
I don't have them, but the key word here is YET! ;) I think one of the Gals over on PCMB posted a link to them awhile back. I thought they were way cute, but a little pricey if you wanted to buy the whole alphabet. I am glad to hear you all talk about them, and it's good to know which inks and stuff work the best with them! Thanks for all of the great info Ladies!:D

cahinton
10-26-2006, 02:12 PM
I ordered two of the Hero Arts clear acyrlic letters, but I haven't received them yet. The letter C and D. If you order, you may have to wait a bit because they are very popular and sell out quickly.

Carol

iloveflipflops
10-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I figured with all the FRIENDS cards I make, F would be perfect for that. I am going to play with them today.

They were $15 for each letter but you also get other little words with it.

They remind me of CTMH stamps, they are completely clear.

I will try and not stamp too hard. Thanks Tami for the tip. That may be what I am doing wrong with my CTMH stamps. Who would've thought???

suzi_f
10-26-2006, 09:12 PM
You could also make a set of Monogram cards for friends named, say, Ferguson, for instance. :P

1of2shoes
10-26-2006, 11:09 PM
but I bought all 26 letters, plus the outline blocks and the shadow blocks. My LSS had a big promotion.

I know, I'm a pig.

Debbie

1of2shoes
10-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Oops, double reply. Sorry. :eek:

cahinton
10-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Wow ... you have all of them! I bet that was costly.

Carol

iloveflipflops
10-27-2006, 05:41 AM
I think I may go back and get T and H. I think I would use those the most. They really clean up nice too. I actually think they stamp BETTER than other clear stamps I have.

mahodgman
10-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Great cards in the gallery, Sherri! I haven't seen these in stores yet. I want to see them in person before ordering any. I've got a few of the CTMH Solo Alphabets, and I really like those. Does anyone have both who can compare?

laos348
10-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Like Mary, I have the CTMH letters. I would like to try them but need to draw the line somewhere (or at least that's what I try telling myself).

Laura

iloveflipflops
10-27-2006, 11:22 AM
What I like about the Hero Arts is they are clear, as in the big letters are clear so you can paper piece like I did. The CTMH ones are all solid black and stamp that way. These really cleaned up nice. Where on CTMH alot of my stamps I can't get the ink off. Not that that's a big deal but when I first started stamping I did not like that I could not get the ink off. Now I say "whatever". ha ha

Maybe I will get them out today and play again. Its 11 am and I just got up!! I laid back down after taking the kids to bed and I slept another 3 hours. It was nice!

mydogstinks2
10-27-2006, 11:24 AM
LOL I'm totally joking with you!

iloveflipflops
10-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I am Wonder Woman and proud of it. HEE HEE

That is totally a joke on my part now :)

suzi_f
10-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Now, I'm thinking I need to get back over there & buy some. They are way cool looking & I love that you get all the "extra" stuff on them.

Alli
10-27-2006, 05:13 PM
I always use pigment (SU craft or Brilliance) rather than dye (SU classic) with acrylic. I find that the coverage is terrible with dye ink.
Any pigment ink works so much better. It will stain your acrylic so make sure you have some cleaner like a Stazon cleaner if the staining bothers you, like it does me! :)

inkinupstamps
10-27-2006, 06:07 PM
I saw these yesterday in a store that I'd never been to (but will in the future patronize! :) ) They really looked great but I was on a mission for something else. I may have to go back...ya think?

suzi_f
10-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Quick Poll! Should I stay how (where it's warm!) and work on some swaps & a (hopefully) cool paper bag album I want to show y'all OR shoudl I brave the wind (and the rabid cardinal fans) and go to Archivers & buy a couple of these stamps. I'm starting to obsess!! I know I want the B. Maybe the A....thru Z!

Need an answer quickly!!!

iloveflipflops
10-27-2006, 07:05 PM
If not, go to the store .... NOW!! They may be all out tomorrow. They are worth it, I love them!! I want to go back and get H and T I think :). Good luck and let us know what you do ... hee hee

suzi_f
10-27-2006, 07:08 PM
No snow, I have dh's rental so I wouldn't even have to pay for gas (even tho gas is only $1.99 here now. WOOHOO!!) Would the adrenaline from the purchase keep me going enough so I wouldn't fall asleep on the way home?? It's a 40 min trip, one way!

iloveflipflops
10-27-2006, 08:21 PM
and if you get some of the HA letters, I expect to see some awesome cards you make with them. Too bad we didn't live closer to each other, we could buy different letters and borrow each others :).