PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Shack Magazine/Newsletter

Sherry
01-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Helllllloooo ladies :)

It was recently suggested by a few users that The Stamp Shack should delve into the idea of putting out a monthly magazine/newsletter. What do you guys think of this idea?

The magazine could feature such things as "Shackie of The Month" and would include an interview with said member and a showcase of some of her cards and projects. It could also feature a selection of techniques and card samples from our gallery.

I would love to have your input on this idea and, if there is enough interest to get the project off of the ground, I would be looking for some volunteers to help with the interviews and article preparation. Would there even be volunteers out there?

Throw your ideas at me! I'm all ears (or shall I say eyes):D

lost luggage
01-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Would this be an online feature?

lisaguyon
01-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Sounds like a GREAT idea to me. Lisa

Swanie78
01-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Sounds awesome to me!!
And Ill raise my hand to volunteer :)
Im not all that great with writing articles, but Ill do whatever youd help with! Im here enough, I might as well be useful :D

Christie
01-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I'll help out too! This sounds like a great idea!

Spartymom
01-22-2007, 05:49 PM
I wondered if something like this would ever happen. I think that would be a great idea. Would it be online? I could help with typing articles. Kim

ellie
01-22-2007, 05:56 PM
sherry,
i think this is a great idea. i would be happy to help with the interviews....or whatever. just let me know!

GrammaStamper
01-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Count me in, Sherry. I think it's a wonderful idea. I can type and interview people. Whatever you need that I can do.

1of2shoes
01-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Me, me! I'm your Lois Lane!! I'd be glad to help any way I'm able. Sounds like a lot of fun.

keltie
01-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I've never done anything like that before. I idon't know what I could do, but If there is something ,I would give it a go.
Heather

Paula Carden
01-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Great idea-I especially love seeing everyone's stamp space. The way each organizes their space, decorates it etc... The other interesting thing to me is looking at the public profile. It seems we all have such varied backgrounds but the common ground is the love for stamping and making cards.
I love seeing everyone's fantastic work too, it inspires me to keep making cards and realizing that not all of them can be perfect.
Paula:notworthy:

hutchink
01-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a wonderful idea to me! I have done a lot of newsletters for the college that I worked for! I will help in any way that you need!

~K

emmcee
01-22-2007, 07:11 PM
:) Put me down as a volunteer for something. Sounds like a grand idea to me!

bubblegum girl
01-22-2007, 07:12 PM
rhis would be so cool!! i would love to help but am too busy right now. i like the stamp room idea and the shackee of the month.

LinzyD
01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Me me me! I used to be on the magazine staff in college! Let me know if I can help write!
Linzy

inkinupstamps
01-22-2007, 07:51 PM
This will be a wonderful new addition to the Stamp Shack! So many fun possibilities by having a newsletter. Sounds great! :)

loobylou
01-22-2007, 08:22 PM
It would be good to have an "up close and personal" look/read of an artist of the month. They have one in my Aussie stamp magazine, I could share some questions with you (hope that's not copyright). Let me know if I can help.
sarah

Jadyeebugsaunt
01-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Oh yes this would be awesome and id love to help in anyway!

jdpisces
01-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Great idea, Sherry! I would definitely be up for helping. It would give me a chance to put my English degree to good use. :D

I love Paula's idea of featuring people's stamp rooms/craft spaces. Although, mine would need to be cleaned up!

kerry
01-22-2007, 08:43 PM
This sounds fun. I think it would be nice to do online. I'll help wherever you need some help.

Kerry

Darleneh710
01-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Sherry, this sounds like a lot of fun...great idea! If there is anything you need me to do...just ask..
:)

cindi
01-22-2007, 08:48 PM
I like the sounds of this!!:nod:
I have no idea what I could help with, but if you need more help I'd be willing.
:)

mahodgman
01-22-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm in too, I'd be happy to help out.

spredbirds
01-22-2007, 09:28 PM
I think it's an awesome idea. I helped mention it the other night in the Chat Room. I'd love to help .... Chelsea

tesschap
01-22-2007, 10:31 PM
I love this idea. I would be very willing to help in any way.

Teresa

tojoco
01-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Well, of course, I agree with everyone else that we should have an online newsletter. We could have an Ask ? column (where one person would be assigned the task of answering or researching the answer to someone's questions); how about a column for new cool rubber stamp sites; a column for stamping techniques; weekly challenges; how about a fun column -- maybe a crossword puzzle or cryptograms or weekly jokes; a column for the best places or websites to purchase stamping supplies; weekend stamping retreats; stamper's get-togethers; how about a welcome to new Shackies, new babies, new pets, new grandchildren, etc. along with pictures; a monthly birthday celebration column. Wow, there is so much more swimming around in my head. Of course, I think we should have one editor (most likely Sherry) who would be in charge of compiling all the information sent to her by the representatives of each column. Maybe each rep could have a limited reign so more people would eventually get involved - very similar to the design team and monitor reign at the Shack now. Of course all the Shackies would submit their contributions to each specific rep. Each rep would be responsible for typing up her own column and submitting it to the editor by a specific date so the editor could formulate the final newsletter for publication.

Let's all make sure we help to get this project get off the ground!:nod: :nod: :nod:

Erin K
01-23-2007, 01:04 AM
I agree it's totally cool. I don't think I'd be too good at writing for it, but I would love to read it. :)

shuggy
01-23-2007, 01:47 AM
what a cool idea! i'd love to help!!

tesschap
01-23-2007, 06:38 AM
Maybe a column for stamping events in the various geographic areas?

Teresa

Sherry
01-23-2007, 07:17 AM
Wowsers! You guys are totally awesome and your ideas are fantastic! I'm going to print off the thread and re-read/underline ideas/brainstorm. I will definitely be getting back to you on this. And, since I don't have the resources to make paper copies, I think it would better to go with an online version.

WOW! Thanks guys :)

ctmhgirl
01-23-2007, 08:00 AM
This would be great. I can help if you need me.

iloveflipflops
01-23-2007, 08:35 PM
I am sure I am last to respond but I think this is an AWESOME idea!! I would love to help too. Just say the word........

ranaleigh
01-23-2007, 08:57 PM
tojoco has a lot of great ideas. I'd love to help with the puzzles: wordsearch, crossword, cryptograms, etc!

patg
01-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Sounds like a wonderful idea! I'll wherever I can.

Pat

scrappinnuts
01-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I love this Idea..How fun..would this be online or through the mail? Let me know how I can Help

loobylou
01-24-2007, 06:34 AM
When did you start stamping?
Was there a particular event that prompted it?
What style do you like to work with?
What is your favourite inkpad?
What is your favourite product?
What inspires you?
What other stamp artists do you admire?
What are you working on currently?
What do your friends and family think of your hobby?
Do you have any other hobbies?
Where do you stamp?
When do you stamp?
Are you a member of a club?
Have you ever/do you take classes?
Do you teach classes?
Has your work been published? If so, where?
What's your favourite colour?
What type of project do you find challenging to make?
What's your favourite tip?
Any advice for budding stampers?Hope this gives you some ideas, and i hope other shackies will add questions they'd like answered. :winks:
Sarah

moosemama
01-24-2007, 07:15 AM
This is a great idea-I ditto the helping out!

MidwestStamper
01-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Sounds like a ton of fun (and work!). I've never done an online newsletter, but have done a monthly printed one for years for the women of our church, and before that have worked on school Yearbooks, church Directories and other newsletters --so just put out the call for help and we'll come running!

Deborah
01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
What a wonderful idea!