PDA

View Full Version : RE: Swap board

Swanie78
01-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Im not sure if this is possible or not, but every time I go to look at my swaps, I wish there was a box to check showing that I had finished that swap.
Ive been trying to do them in order of due date to keep it straight that way but it would be much easier to look at them and see what I have left to do :)
I have 10 swaps there right now, and I think one has dropped off because the due date has come and gone?? (one of the cards for someones birthday/illness...cant remember)
Thanks!

MidwestStamper
01-23-2007, 08:13 AM
I think this is a good reason to print off your info so that you have a 'hard copy' of it, especially since swaps drop off when the due date is past.

This way you'll have your info until the swap comes back to you. I copied the "my swaps" section and numbered them in order of the due date, then I just cross them off and note the date that I sent them.

This system has worked great for me through several hundred swaps on PCMB so I'm continuing it here! I like to print off the individual swap info too and keep in a file until I get them back.

Swanie78
01-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Good idea Lidia! How come Im not that smart? lol
(Id still like a visual here though)

Sherry
01-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Im not sure if this is possible or not, but every time I go to look at my swaps, I wish there was a box to check showing that I had finished that swap.

That is a great idea. I will keep this in mind for when we do upgrades to the swap board. Unfortunately, that will have to wait for awhile as my cash flow is a little low at the moment.

I have 10 swaps there right now, and I think one has dropped off because the due date has come and gone?? (one of the cards for someones birthday/illness...cant remember)
Thanks!

None of the swaps drop off once the due date has come and gone. The Stamp Shack swap board requires you to manually delete your own swaps. We set it up this way as there were many complaints on the Paper Crafts swapboard when people's swaps would just up and disappear.

Cheers!

swapin cards
04-30-2007, 09:28 PM
As soon as I join a swap I print out all the information. I have three columns on our big bulletin board..swaps I have finished making, swaps mailed and then swaps coming up for the next month or two. This way I can tell exactly what I need to make, when a swap was mailed and how many cards I need for each swap. Once I receive my swap, I take down the print out and file it by months.
I can keep track of hostesses, swap ideas and mailing addresses. It makes things so much easier when you have all the information together. Mary

irishchristine
05-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Wow thats a great idea. thanks for sharing!

Christie
05-01-2007, 08:13 AM
I always use the mark as completed button to draw a line though it. I love that feature it helps me to see what i have left!

MidwestStamper
05-01-2007, 09:15 AM
The option to cross off completed Swaps is a great option that Sherry added to the board later on--I use it!

Christie
05-01-2007, 09:17 AM
The option to cross off completed Swaps is a great option that Sherry added to the board later on--I use it!

Lidia I just realized this was an old post! LOL! I"m not with it this morning!

Nancy
05-01-2007, 09:37 AM
swaps are still showing. April 14, April 7, April 15, April 8 - Dont they fall off even if they dont fill, which it shows they havent. I am not in them, but it seems funny to always have to look at them. Just curious. They belong to Christie003d and Shurleyjean and Kerry.- Nancy

Sherry
05-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Unfortunately, the swaps do not fall off of the board after their deadline has passed. This was a request by the members while we were coding the swap board. They wanted the ability to remove the swaps themselves.

If April swaps are still showing, it is because the hostesses haven't yet removed them.