PDA

View Full Version : Idenitity hacker in 2 pea file?

Far North
10-26-2006, 03:42 PM
It's hard to know how to protect onself on message boards. A 2 pea member reported last night that she had just gotten an e-mail through 2 peas while she was using the forum. It's being currently being investigated http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2008193

So I think this brings up a good point of what an individual can do to protect themselves when using the internet/forums...etc. So if you are in the know please share your tips.
Thanks...Jan

teabear
10-26-2006, 06:54 PM
I just read the whole thread, and there are some sick people. I guess because I'm in my safe little house, I don't picture some wacko looking at my kid's photo. Definitely a reason to not post them online. Thanks so much for sharing this. We can't be too safe.

I just deleted all my family photos over there. So sad.

GrammaStamper
10-26-2006, 07:19 PM
I just read the thread too, Tami, and I have also deleted any pictures I may have on there.

Thanks, Jan, for bringing this to our attention.

iloveflipflops
10-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I can't figure it out ....

Erin K
10-26-2006, 08:39 PM
I think you gotta go into each layout with photos and do "edit this layout" then "delete this layout"

stampcrazyjulie
10-26-2006, 09:10 PM
OMG....I better go check this out! Scary!!

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-27-2006, 01:03 AM
That's just wrong! I would be freaking out so badly! :(

lost luggage
10-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Everyone- I hate to be gum on your shoe about this, but I'll mention it again...this is a serious problem with the internet...please use caution when sharing your personal information on the internet. :( I used to post pictures of the baby all over the place. I love her and wanted to share her with all of my online friends... then casually, I would mention my city, and then what I did that day...and then a picture of my dog...etc. and the TRUTH is you don't know who is lurking and reading and writing notes down about every post you make...and before you know it, they join one of those sites where you can easily get someone's address and the next thing you know that person is in your neighborhood...

I am a 2x violent crime victim. Am I paranoid about this..yes. I look over my shoulder all the time. I have made the decision that I will never put myself in that position again (one of the things happened at work, one when I was out having fun with a friend)... I know someone who had this happen to them FIRST HAND on the internet...she had to file a restraining order and everything. Luckily nothing has happened to her...but she never posts online anymore.

Just be careful.

inkinupstamps
10-27-2006, 10:35 AM
How frightening. I'm sure the two events aren't related, by just yesterday my husband told me of how a hacker had just gotten into the computer system where he works.

A word to the wise that nothing is really safe on the internet.

sensiblychicgirl
10-27-2006, 12:10 PM
I agree with JustJulie. I have an abusive ex-fiance and that is why I try to keep my name off of the message boards. You wouldn't believe the extremes that he will go to track me down. I have a restraining order against him, but that doesn't stop him from sending emails to me through message boards or whatever. Especially, if you have little kids, be very careful!

sensiblychicgirl