PDA

View Full Version : I forgot to tell you all I figured out what I am going to do with my 50 extra

iloveflipflops
10-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Christmas cards that I had already stamped and signed then decided on using a photo card of the kids for our Christmas cards instead (I did the same thing last year, you would think I would learn). Anyway, while i was at my new found stamp store today she was saying how she takes donations of cards for the people who get the Meals on Wheels delivered to them. Every single day there are 130 people who get meals delivered and with the meals, they will give each one a card to cheer them up. So .... each month she is collecting all kinds of cards and so I am going to take off the card fronts of each one and place them on new card stock. I hope I can get it done tonite and then I may take them back over tomorrow. Any reason to go back to that stamp store! ha ha

jdpisces
10-26-2006, 06:00 PM
What a GREAT idea~

I have always wanted to donate cards to Meal on Wheels. But when my grandma was alive, she said that hers didn't do anything like that. So I gave all of mine to a nursing home instead. They were VERY appreciative because some of the residents never even got visitors let alone cards. Sad...

I know that your cards will really brighten up their days Sherri! What a sweet gesture.

Julie

laos348
10-26-2006, 06:16 PM
That is a wonderful and thoughtful thing to do!

Laura

little01jd
10-26-2006, 08:14 PM
That is such a great idea!

mydogstinks2
10-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Sure it's a great reason to go back to the stamp store too! What are you gonna buy on your second trip there?

Erin K
10-26-2006, 08:22 PM
sounds perfect!

:)

shurlyjean
10-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Glad you found a home for them.

S:) :)

HeatherJ
10-26-2006, 08:25 PM
What a thoughtful gesture! They will brighten up their day, for sure.

stampcrazyjulie
10-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Sherri, that is fabulous! You are really going to make some elderly peoples days! My Parents live in a Senior Complex, & you wouldn't believe how many of those people rarely get mail or hear from any of their Family! See, there was a reason that you made your cards early & that you decided to do picture cards instead. :) Your hard work will be appreciated, and I bet it will make you feel better too! :)

Now you can use Sherry's Santa for next years cards for sure! :)