PDA

View Full Version : Down 4.8 more pounds this week

workin4stamps
01-25-2007, 09:57 AM
I can't believe it! I honestly don't know what I'm doing except following weight watchers and doing my workouts. The only other thing that I can say is, I have been consistently eating about 20-25 grams of fiber for breakfast. I eat high fiber cereals. Dr Oz says that when you eat fiber in the morning, it helps keep your blood sugar levels even throughout the day (which in turn makes you not have cravings.) I also read in a magazine that when you eat a lot of fiber, it absorbs the extra carbs and sugar you take in, so that your body doesn't have to. I don't know---but it must be working. I don't have any "issues" with eating that much fiber either, just in case anyone is wondering..... it's worked out fine for me. Give it a shot!

My total loss to date is 38 pounds.

:-)
Traci

teabear
01-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Hurray for you Traci!!! That's awesome weight loss. I'm curious about what you eat for breakfast. I like oatmeal and usually have the steel cut variety, but I'm out right now. Thanks for sharing your success. You are an inspiration.

iloveflipflops
01-25-2007, 10:59 AM
WOW!! That is so great Traci. Keep doing whatever you are doing. You are doing just wonderful. Almost 40 lbs lost. WOW!!! I am in awe!! Way to go!!!

emmcee
01-25-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm so proud of you! You are doing a wonderful job. I did copy your recipe for the chicken recipe you posted the other day. I'm going to have to try your diet, maybe all that fiber will help my Type 2 diabetes. :cool:

tojoco
01-25-2007, 11:17 AM
TRACI, Wow you go girl. That is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

lost luggage
01-25-2007, 11:19 AM
WOW Congratulations!!!

Erin K
01-25-2007, 12:47 PM
That's awesome. I may have to start eating all that morning fiber. I need something to get me going again with weight loss I keep stalling out.

cecescraps
01-25-2007, 01:12 PM
WOW! You go girl!!! Whatever you're doing is working and they is terrific!! You must be doing the "Happy Dance!" Hey, that might be helping to burn off a few extra calories too! LOL
Like Tami I'm curious as to what cereal you eat for breakfast? Do you mind sharing?

Cathi

lisaguyon
01-25-2007, 02:23 PM
WOW you go girl. You have passed me now. I am going to add some more fiber in and see if that helps. WHat are you eating? Lisa

Kreative Dryve
01-25-2007, 04:04 PM
mostly if it is fiber from carbs. It is easier for your body to break down whole foods, not processed. Whatever is not processed or expelled from the body, turns to sugar or fat for future use. Best thing is gain muscle, then you burn calories.

Congrats! on the weight loss! -MJ

inkinupstamps
01-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Traci! I'm just giddy over you! I WISH it were me losing all this weight, but I'm just so proud of you and you have shared so much valuable information too. You go girl! Keep inspiring us while you teach by example. You are the best! Congratulations Miss Skinny Minnie!!

~ Jennifer :)

cindi
01-25-2007, 04:27 PM
congrats!!
what kinds of cereals are you eating???
:)

laos348
01-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Good for you Traci - thats wonderful!!

Laura

bluebirdohio
01-25-2007, 09:43 PM