PDA

View Full Version : Traci - which high fiber cereal are you eating?

iloveflipflops
01-25-2007, 11:07 AM
Maybe we all need to eat this every morning. Can I add sugar? ha ha

Christie
01-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I eat bran flakes almost every morning! I really like them, and no I don't add sugar. You could add some fresh fruit to it!

workin4stamps
01-25-2007, 11:35 AM
I eat different ones. Right now I'm eating Bran Buds.....it looks like little pellets. I eat 2/3 cup of it for 2 points and like 20 some grams of fiber. I have also eaten All Bran (I think it's called) and there are a few others. I pick cereals that have at least 10 g of fiber per serving...and I usually double up their serving size. The high fiber cereals are low in points too, which is great!

Traci

iloveflipflops
01-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Does it not taste like cardboard??? Or do you get used to it? 2/3 cup is not much!!!

workin4stamps
01-25-2007, 12:38 PM
It's not the best tasting stuff in the world, but it's okay. I don't mind it. The Bran Buds I actually think are pretty good---because they have like 8g of sugar per serving in them, so they have a little bit of a sweet taste. I didn't realize it had all that sugar in it when I bought it. That particular kind is very dense---it's sort of like grape nuts if you've ever eaten them..... a little bit goes a long way. The other bran flakes that I eat I get about 2 cups or so.

Traci

stampinmom3
01-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Bran cereal is very good mixed in yogurt.