PDA

View Full Version : Distress Ink on Foil technique

Vintagegal
01-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry......this is a repeat. I didn't realize this part of the forum existed. The same instructions appear in Savvy Stampers (sorry).

I wanted to share this easy technique with you. Here is a link to a card I made using this technique:

http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2720&limit=recent

And....here are the directions on how to do this technique:

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?gallery=3&cmd=display&layout_id=1072038

It is SUPER, SUPER easy.......

RDRD4
01-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks.... I have to try this

smileycollector
01-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Sounds easy enough to me! You always inspire us to try something new.
Thanks for sharing this technique with us Ethel! :)

Far North
01-27-2007, 01:34 AM
YES, this is the same technique I used this morning on my tulip card !!!http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2684&ppuser=8

Such GREAT MINDS--LOL!!! But oh so different are our styles--the Shack's very own Different Point of View!!

Of course we have a few personal little twists on the technique too. For my card I used the Ranger Teflon Craft Sheet (from M's w/coupon)--like you used the aluminum foil. I used reinkers and laid out a few drops of 3 different colors on the craft sheet. Then I misted with water. I cut regular white cardstock in quarters and dropped one piece on the wet ink and picked it up fairly quickly. Then I press the ink side against another white card...and then pulled them apart. Resulting in 2 cards from each inking. Each one is different and I was not afraid to have considerable white on the last ones. I have 14 quarter sheet from one inking. I did not finish until every drop on ink was on a paper. Finally I ironed the sheets to dry them a little faster and to totally flaten them. How wonderful to have individually handmade background papers!

Wow Ethel you gave me a smile tonight with your art and another smile with the surprise of your technique! I hope lots of other folks jump right in and join us !
Happy creating!...Jan

Lavandula
01-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Fabulous technique, thanks for sharing! :)

cindi
01-27-2007, 07:34 AM
I'll be sure to try this one!!!!
Have you ever tried it on regular cardstock?? Just wondering!
:)

Deborah
01-27-2007, 09:29 AM
...and your results are super SUPER WONDERFUL...as usual! Thanks so much for sharing your work and your techniques with us Ethel, I really appreciate learning from you.

teabear
01-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Wonderful!

Far North
01-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Plain paper directions are in my #4 message of this thread.
...Ja

Inkisallover
01-27-2007, 11:18 AM
What a wonderful technique! I just tried it. I didn't have any glossy cardstock, so I used glossy photo paper. Turned out great. Thanks for sharing.
Becky

JBgreendawn
01-29-2007, 11:17 PM
I did this i did this... but, i cannot get the dang cards to upload tonight.
I will try again later ( probably gotta resize them smaller or something)
:)
I love the effect of this technique! i did it on both glossy cardstock and plain cardstock and plain textured cardstock. fun looks on each of them.
TFS!

Far North
01-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Stacy your cards are beautiful... great use of the technique!
...Jan

barbie-love
01-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks I can't wait to try it