PDA

View Full Version : Giant breed dogs and papercrafts

inkinupstamps
10-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Don't read if you are sick of my stories about my 'Bella (my Newfoundland puppy).

OK, I know I should know this and was warned, but things happen so quickly! :eek: 'Bella is 6 months old now. She is not quite full height but she is so big that just while wagging her tail she just completely cleaned off my craft table. Realize too that my table is fairly high, I sit on a fairly high stool at it. And it would be nice if by "cleaning" I mean that she put things away, but instead I have microbead EVERYWHERE, prima flowers strewn all over the floor, paper snippets went flying. WHY? All because the big galloot was chasing Tango (my orange tabby) who was under the table and they were just having a ball together. :rolleyes:

Anyone else have a giant breed dog? HELP! I love my big girl to pieces but she is a bull in a china shop at times. Oh, and if you receive swaps from me please know that I really, really, REALLY try to keep them free of fur and slobber...unfortunately The Lady Isabella has not learned to blot her mouth with a napkin after she drinks! :D

All in a days fun with critters in the house.

cindi
10-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Ahhh..the adventures of BElla!! Too funny, well to me, I don't have to pick it up! I have 2 persain cats & I'll bet I ship my fair share of fur, so I knowhow that is! Give Bella a pat for me.:)

emmcee
10-27-2006, 10:30 AM
LOL! LOL! You are so funny! When Levi comes for a visit, he also is like a bull in a china shop. He's still a pup, too and his tail is like a lethal weapon. He gets so excited to see people and that tail goes to wagging and when it hits your leg, wow!

But these animals are so sweet. And Oreo, the cat, thoroughly enjoys antagonizing Levi. She sits on the chair seat and just looks at him with all her imperialness as if to say, You big dummy.

Sounds like your house is fun to be in :D

toao
10-27-2006, 10:35 AM
That story reminds me of a time we were visiting friends in upstate NY. They took us to the "Jelly Mill". I thought it was a place where they made Jelly. Wrong! It was a store with LOTS of breakable stuff in it, all piled on top of each other, with very little walking room. Imagine Breakable Clutter. Well, this older lady was trying to get by, so I politely stepped backwards to give her room, and of course my foot stepped on something that sent something else tumbling. Crash, break. My "friend" went the other way immediately, and acted like she had never seen me before in her life. Thankfully I didn't have to pay for what was broken because the store owner saw the whole thing.

Thanks for the Bella story!

Mary

Christie
10-27-2006, 10:44 AM
LOL!! Funny story, maybe not so funny at the time for you. I have a little Boston Terrier so I guess I can't help much. Thanks for sharing your story it made me laugh!!!!
Christie

mydogstinks2
10-27-2006, 10:48 AM
That is why I have a tiny dog! Fred can't get in anything unless he can climb on it or it's on the floor. Tippy our lab mix is not that big either. I totally understand the dog hair thing! Tippy sheds sooooo much! I always worry about the dog hair getting in swaps. I sometimes see hairs on the tape and I think, OH-NO I hope its not inside too!

Beaglelover
10-27-2006, 12:11 PM
I have a beagle named "Tommy". Last week I got in the shower in the am. He went to my craft room and peed on my brand new XXL CIS!!

The front zip pocket was open and he mostly got ziplock bags wet, thank goodness.

Having inside dogs is a lot of work, but I love him so much!!!

Teresa:D

teabear
10-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Your story gave me the giggles. We sheltered a great dane once. She was beautiful and sweet and soooooo big. She snuck into our bed one night. When I woke up oooh my legs hurt so bad and I looked down and there she was laying on my legs! Crazy girl. She also ate one of my shoes...almost the whole thing. I don't have any advice, but I have a vivid pic in my mind of what it's like. Just keep walking her and she'll grow into herself eventually. Sweet Bella is so much dog to love, that's the best part of a big dog :)

Erin K
10-27-2006, 02:03 PM
I think it's time for new bella pics. I have her still as a cute ball of fluff. Sounds like I'm wrong... Bella's not much bigger than Ethan they are growing up together. :p

inkinupstamps
10-27-2006, 02:06 PM
I think it's time for new bella pics. I have her still as a cute ball of fluff. Sounds like I'm wrong... Bella's not much bigger than Ethan they are growing up together. :p

Erin, if we saddled 'Bella up, both Ethan and Stephen both could ride her now.:D I know I haven't shown you photos. She getting close to 80 pounds now. (She should top out around 130).:eek:

I have to get a camera. It is on my wish list. :rolleyes:

jdpisces
10-27-2006, 02:16 PM
How funny, Jennifer! I can just see it now. :)

My brother has a yellow lab and I swear that her tail is like a whip! She wags it like crazy all of the time! SHe has also cleaned off many a table in her time!