PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Refreshing??

Fief14
01-28-2007, 01:27 PM
So I am new to the shack, but I already have a suggestion: have the Shack page you are currently viewing automatically refresh as new posts, pics, sign-ins/outs ect take place. Ok so maybe not for every change, but maybe have an auto-refresh like every 2 minutes etc---or make this a user option-to set how frequently the page you are on automatically refreshes. What do you think?

Thanks for considering!:D

(Or is this an option already & I just don't know it? Like I said I'm a Newbie! :) )

lost luggage
01-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Is this even possible? I've never been on a site with that feature!

Fief14
01-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Yep...sure does! :) I know ESPN sport sites do it to refresh sports scores & play-by-play action & also a message board called theknot.com does it as well. So...I say why not us?

lost luggage
01-28-2007, 05:29 PM
I think that is a differrent feature all together. The portion of the ESPN site that auto reloads during game is seperate from their main site...

Swanie78
01-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I think that would be a huge expense too. :wideeyed:

lost luggage
01-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Not to knock you down or anything, but I would be annoyed if I was busy reading something and the page kept reloading with every post... I hardly click on the forums any more; I read them by rolling over the titles...if my glancing was interrupting by reloading every time someone was chitty chatty (lol) I would get frustrated. Same thing in the gallery...

Mere Deaux
01-28-2007, 05:57 PM
I agree with the last post. It is nice to be able to finish what I have started. I am not sure how this would work....
Jan

dgbearsmom
01-28-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure how this would work either, but I definitely would not want a page automatically refreshing while I was in the middle of reading it. I tend to just use the New Posts button mostly and that list refreshes everytime you click it. When you go to a different page, like the gallery, I believe it brings up the latest stuff. You can always click your refresh button anytime you want to reload the current page. That's easy enough for me. I guess I'm not sure how an automatic refresh would be that beneficial for a site like this.

Judy

Nancy
01-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Schack is fine as it is. - Nancy

Paula Carden
01-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Welcome -glad you are here
Paula