PDA

View Full Version : New to the Stamp Shack

mjbonoan
01-28-2007, 01:56 PM
Hi, my name is Mary Jayne.

I'm from South Texas and recently began stamping. I've always loved paper crafts. I started out by scrapbooking a while back but had a hard time completing my projects for lack of time, then I was introduced to rubber stamps about a year ago. It took me a while to figure out what to do with them, but my best friend who joined the Stamp Shack right after I did a few days ago led the way. I love to do cards because they are usually "quick" projects that make others happy.

I love to cook so I love the recipe swaps, I noticed that there was only one active one. Did I look in the right place?

I have very few pictures to share, but will be starting my gallary soon!!

I have a full time job as County Clerk of our small town. I've been married to my husband, Mike for 16 years and am totally in love with our four month old Red Heeler, Rowdy.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jellybean298
01-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Hello Mary Jayne,

Welcome to the Shack. Look foward to seeing your gallery.
There are many swaps here. As the recipe one I think that is the only one open at the moment. Your looking in the right spot just look often as there is always someone hosting something. Have fun. See you around the Boards.

hbpuppy
01-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi Mary Jayne,
Welcome to the Stamp Shack and thanks for introducing yourself. I like doing recipe swaps but I can't commit to any until March. You can always post and see if there is any interest if you want to host one.

cindi
01-28-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm Cindi from Maine.
I love to stamp & papercraft. I too LOVE trhe recipe swaps.
You'll love it here, lots of friendlt talented ladies.
Jump right in & join the fun.
:)

Swanie78
01-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Welcome! :)
Im Kelly from Washington state. Single, childless, "mom" to a sassy fat cat, Alex :D
Glad you and your friend came to the shack!

ranaleigh
01-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi MJ. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Shack!

GrammaStamper
01-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Welcome to The Shack Mary Jayne. I'm Barb from Northern Ontario. This is a fine place to while away the hours and learn lots of new things, both stamping-related and otherwise.

smileycollector
01-28-2007, 08:25 PM
WELCOME Mary Jayne!! You're going to love it here!! Smiles, Pam

Nancy
01-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Arizona- Nancy A

ellie
01-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Welcome, I am ellie from charlotte, nc. We are glad to have you here!

Paula Carden
01-28-2007, 08:47 PM
:welcome: Welcome Mary Jayne, I am from a small town in North Carolina.
Just curious what is it that you have not accomplished yet?
You will find lots of inspiration here at the Shack-many talented stampers.
Paula

mjbonoan
01-28-2007, 09:19 PM
I haven't been able to get pregnant again after a miscarriage 10 years ago, at 43 I'm still trying for the almost impossible.

MyRnAbS
01-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi and hello there my bestest friend MARY!!! I too am a newbie in here. This will be my 2nd post and I'm very excited about this place. I can't believe the wonderful things they make around here. I can only see a few blogs for now, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. The fact that we don't have to stick to one company makes me a happy camper. Well Mary good luck and I'm off to the getting started thread.

craftyd
01-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Welcome MaryJane, can't wait to see your cards.

gigibee
01-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi MaryJane and welcome to the Shack. I just joined last week and already feel at home here. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. I'm Konnie from Oh.

directmailscrapper
01-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Welcome to our friendly and inspiring community! There is a wonderful mix of folks here -- from all over the WORLD -- from SAHMs to working Moms to non-Moms and singles and students!

I am Nancy from Bowie, Maryland. I am an older working Mom of a 10-year old daughter, married for almost 25 years, 4 cats. I would love to scrap more but it takes time and planning -- cardmaking is quicker and I can work on it when I have time! I am addicted to the Shack -- be careful!

Look forward to getting to know you better,

Nancy

barbie-love
01-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi Jane welcome to the shack