PDA

View Full Version : Craft Fair Chat....

teabear
10-27-2006, 01:07 PM
So, the regular craft fair I do over Thanksgiving weekend has been cancelled this year. I got a call to do another craft fair on Dec. 9th. Not sure if the date is too late in the season to be worth it. But, may get those last minute rush shoppers.

For those who do craft fairs, I would love to share some info. What are you making? What things do you think will be hot this year, etc. Anything that will help us all be more successful.

I think I will be making some Christmas domino pins & necklaces. I have lots of cards and will make some to & from tags. I plan to make some color it yourself cards for kids...black images embossed with clear ep that they can color in. I'll make some thankyous for sending after the holidays and some Christmas to send before. I'll make some peanut brittle and some hot chocolate mix to package up nicely. I have quite a few ornaments that will put on a tree, may make some more. I'm sure I'll have more, but that's what I have in mind right now. What's on your list?

lost luggage
10-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Monogramed stuff was all over my last fair...there is another BIG one at the fairgrounds in 2 weeks. I am sitting this one out. Too much chatting to make any inventory. lol

cindi
10-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I also sell some stitcheries, cards, and gift bags made from brown lunch bags, I just stamp on them I package them in a cello bag with tags & I make paper flowers and on the topper I write gift bagse with tage and uner that I put Bonus: paper flowers. They usually sell good. I have sold paper bag books too.:)

stampcrazyjulie
10-27-2006, 02:21 PM
I think I am missing the boat on this Craft Fair Stuff! I am thinking about doing it next year....I was thinking of doing some altered Lunch Tins, Momogrammed Magnets, Cards, Notebooks, & some Baby Headbands....you know the kind with those cute Baby Bows & Flowers? I had better get started soon if I am going to have a good selection! :)

jdpisces
10-27-2006, 02:29 PM
How fun, Tami!

I was thinking that since school is still in session, anything that people can buy for their kids' teachers as holiday gifts would be a big hit! Maybe some altered notebooks? I think your inventory sounds incredible!

Julie

Erin K
10-27-2006, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=stampcrazyjulie;3617] & some Baby Headbands....you know the kind with those cute Baby Bows & Flowers? QUOTE]
You mean just like your cute baby in the picture on your avetar?

stampcrazyjulie
10-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Yep those are the one's! I actually have a different colored headband for several of her outfits in different sizes too...how funny is that?! :)

laos348
10-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Along with the regular thing like cards, notebooks, memo cubes etc. for the holiday fairs I do popcorn covers, kisses bags, kisses boxes, nugget boxes - all that little stocking stuffer/secret santa/quick treat stuff seems to sell really well and around that time, people may be looking for some quick small stuff too.

Laura

teabear
10-28-2006, 12:24 PM
I was browsing around last night and found some popcorn covers...those look fun. I don't think I've seen those at the fair before. I love all the quick little ideas...thanks!

inkinupstamps
10-28-2006, 01:21 PM
What are popcorn covers? They sound interesting! Sounds like something I need!

LBick
10-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Tami,
I've seen candy bar covers too. Just like the popcorn ones, but on a big candy bar. They are alot of fun.

Linda