PDA

View Full Version : I got my high fiber ceral...

Erin K
01-29-2007, 10:16 AM
I am inspired by Traci's success and have gotten a high fiber ceral. I got some from Kashi. It's pretty good. I mean it's no Lucky Charms, but it's not cardboard either. It has vanilla and grahm. And 12 grams of fiber per bowl. I'm actually measureing it and the milk too so I don't eat too much. :rolleyes:

I also got high fiber 100% whole wheat bread and pasta for cooking too. I'm totally freaked out by highly refined stuff like white bread, I'll eat it but it gives me the creeps. :huh: :err:

So hopefully I start dropping more pounds. I made a resolution a while back no more ice cream for 10 lbs. I LOVE ice cream, I have lost 3 sense then, need to loose more, I want some ice cream. Then I can have one bowl or item or whatever then I need to do 5 more lbs, I am gonna do it like that, ever 5 lbs I can have one ice cream.

craftyd
01-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Good luck with your diet Erin, I decided to go on a diet for my high cholesteral rather than taking a pill. So far I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast but think I will try something with high fiber for a change.

emmcee
01-29-2007, 10:41 AM
I bought 3 boxes of the Weight Watchers cereal Sat. Ate a bowl this morning, it's pretty good actually, better than shredded wheat which is like eating a bale of hay!

Good luck to you Erin.

Kreative Dryve
01-29-2007, 12:48 PM
your vegies and apples. raw is better than cooked, they say an apple a day, it actually works!

workin4stamps
01-29-2007, 10:06 PM
good for you Erin!!!! I hope you have much success with the high fiber plan!!!!

:-)
Traci

iloveflipflops
01-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Ok, so did you get hungry after your high fiber cereal? I may have to try this. I am sort of staying the same lately and i am being really good except I am not walking, its too cold!

Erin K
01-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Not hungry at all! Lemme go get my box this stuff was actually pretty good:
It's Kashi Vive Probiotic Digestive Wellness Ceral

117 calories
2.5 g fat
12 g fiber

Which is 3 points for the ceral then you gotta add the half cup of milk. I don't have any skim milk because Brian accidntally got 1% so I don't know off hand what half a cup of skim adds. Anyhow it was worth the points, it was tastey like vanilla and grahm crackers and it filled me up a bunch. You get to eat one and a quarter cup of it for a serving.

iloveflipflops
01-29-2007, 11:46 PM
1 1/4 cup a serving is ALOT!! I may have to try this. It was sweet enough too???

Erin K
01-30-2007, 12:07 AM
sweet enough for me. It's not super sweet like sugar smacks or something but it was definately sweet.

workin4stamps
01-30-2007, 06:57 AM
fiber usually will leave you feeling full.....not hungry....

I just tried my new Fiber One cereal today. It's these long skinny stick looking things that look like those crunchy chinese noodles almost....but darker.... anyway, it was actually pretty good. It had 0 grams of sugar, which is good compared to the last one I had with 8 grams. So I thought it would be bland, but it had a little sweetness to it, and I liked it!

Erin---I always drink 1% milk, and it is 2 pts for 1 cup, and 1 pt for 1/2 cup.

Traci

LinzyD
01-30-2007, 07:05 AM
FYI-When one of my uncle's had a heart attack, the Dr. told him to eat Kashi cereal, as it is very good for you. Smart choice, Erin! I think I'll stop at the store on my way home.
Linzy