PDA

View Full Version : How do I ..

Diane860
01-31-2007, 10:36 PM
add my birthday to the calendar. I did join the birthday group. When I try to add an event, it says I don't have permission.

I have a milestone b-day coming up (the big 5-0) on 2/9 and wanted to add it.

Thanks,
Diane

GrammaStamper
01-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Diane, when did you join? It may take a couple of days for it to appear as there is now and approval system in place.

Diane860
01-31-2007, 10:45 PM
I guess it's been a few days...in my profile it looks like I was approved. I will try again on Friday.

Thank you for your response.

Diane

Sherry
02-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Hi Diane,

If you would like your birthday to appear on the calendar, you have to enable your birthday settings in your User CP. You do not physically add it to the calendar. Once you set up your birthday settings in your CP, it will be added automatically.

Click on "User CP" from the navigation menu above
Click on "Edit Profile"
In the "Optional Information" section you will see a place to add your birthdate.
Once your birthdate has been filled in, be sure to select "Display Age and Date of Birth"If you want your age to be shown on the calendar as well, fill in the month, day, and year. If you DO NOT wish to have your age displayed, simply omit your birth year. Your birthday will still appear on the calendar, minus your age.

You may also wish to check out this section of the website (http://www.stamp-shack.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25). It will answer most of the questions new users have.

Cheers and welcome to The Shack!! :)