PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter Techniques

mahodgman
02-02-2007, 08:59 AM
As your newly appointed Techniques columnist for our Stamp Shack newsletter, I need to know what kind of techniques you would like to see. I don't want to bore you with stuff you already know, so please pm or email me your ideas ASAP. And if I don't know how to do it, I'll find out. I hope you are as excited as I am about our newsletter!

dgbearsmom
02-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Mary, I don't have a specific one right now, but I would think that since there are all levels of stampers here that mixing it up between basic and more advanced would be good. I have been stamping less than a year, so I'm not familiar with a lot of techniques yet myself.

Judy

Dibby
02-03-2007, 05:23 PM
I agree with Judy too, I have only been stampin since August 06. So anything & everything really. It's always great to see how others do things

GrammaStamper
02-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Well, I would like to know how to do the packing tape and glitter stuff. I think Tami/teabear did a card way back on PCMB and it was gorgeous. I'll go look at 2peas to see if I can find it. BRB!

Vintagegal
02-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Here's a few that come to mind:

stamping with castaway ink pads
different ways to create background paper for your card fronts (in place of using patterned paper)

emmcee
02-03-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm so kind of dingy, Mary, I'd like to know some more H20's and how to work with them? I have some but like my chalks are still safely in the bags. :)

mahodgman
02-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Great ideas, ladies! Keep them coming. I'm glad you mentioned the different skill levels because I wasn't thinking along those lines. It is nice sometimes to have a refresher or a twist on something to keep it fresh. I'm keeping a list of your suggestions. Thanks much!

tojoco
02-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Mary, these really are great ideas. We might even want to consider doing a basic use of the different inks out there and what ways to use them. I know sometimes I need a reminder as I'm sure it would be good for the beginning stamper too. Just a thought!

loobylou
02-04-2007, 05:38 AM
I'd like to see a "using your computer" techniques section. I see lots of people's cards where they made things e.g typing sentiments in a circle, faux postage etc. we all obviously have access to a computer and this would be something "free" we could try without buying new products. Free is good- I'm not spending in Feb !!!
Sarah

doverdi
02-04-2007, 07:26 AM
It would be nice to see the different types of inks and their uses, homemade stamp cleaner recipes (I have about 3 of these but others don't), tips and techniques, basic stamping for beginners, collage (I am so stumped here) vintage cards, etc. Something for every level of stamper.

LinzyD
02-04-2007, 07:30 AM
I don't have anything in mind persay, but I whatever you feature, I would love step by step instructions with pictures if possible!
Good luck!
Linzy

Spartymom
02-04-2007, 10:59 AM
I've been thinking about this for awhile now. What's the difference between blender pens and those prima? pencils.? Maybe you could show that technique. I use regular colored pencils. Thanks, Kim

mahodgman
02-04-2007, 01:44 PM
I've been thinking about this for awhile now. What's the difference between blender pens and those prima? pencils.? Maybe you could show that technique. I use regular colored pencils. Thanks, Kim

Hi Kim,

There is an awsome tutorial on using Gamsol with the Prisma colored pencils out there. I'm adding blender pen uses to my list. Thanks!