PDA

View Full Version : YIKES! He's going to play hockey again.

inkinupstamps
10-28-2006, 11:29 AM
I can't believe it! My husband announced that he's going to pull out his hockey gear and play men's senior hockey at work. You have to realize that he hasn't even laced his skates up in at least four years (the last time we skated on the canal) and when he played hockey...the good Lord only knows:rolleyes: .

I have a feeling that his playing hockey will start a new career for me! That of full time ice-er, soother, massager, and caregiver for his aches and pains.

What is he thinking?!? :eek:

stampcrazyjulie
10-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Oh No! Or should I say Uh Oh! :) Men! Maybe he will decide after the first time or two that he really doesn't want to do it after all! Good Luck, Jennifer, & keep us updated on your new callings! :)

iloveflipflops
10-28-2006, 12:03 PM
:) How long does hockey season last?

teabear
10-28-2006, 12:18 PM
My DH is still mountain biking like he's 20 and he's not! Stock up on the anti-inflammitories and a few ice packs. You may need the chiropractor on speed dial as we have had to do lately :) Good Luck! Does this mean more creative time for you?

inkinupstamps
10-28-2006, 12:58 PM
My DH is still mountain biking like he's 20 and he's not! Stock up on the anti-inflammitories and a few ice packs. You may need the chiropractor on speed dial as we have had to do lately :) Good Luck! Does this mean more creative time for you?

You are so right, Tami! The whole idea is because he thinks he's still in his 20's (WHICH HE'S NOT!!) and he hasn't played in soooooo long. It would be like me saying, "Dear, I think I'm going to do some triathlons!" I did in my younger days, but I'm not silly enough to think I could now! :D

We have a chiropractic practice right across the street from us!! :)

jdpisces
10-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Ohhhh, Jennifer...this is too funny! He's like a weekend warrior! Well, hopefully, the guys will go easy on him since they know he is a LITTLE out of practice!!!

I'll be thinking of you...and HIM!

Julie

workin4stamps
10-28-2006, 02:32 PM
LOL. I can't wait until we start hearing about Paul's hockey adventures!!!!

:-)
Traci