PDA

View Full Version : login problems

JBgreendawn
02-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Did you know if you log in at home and check the remember me button and then you try to log in when you go to work it does not work?
it forces you to redo your password.
so, if you do it at work then when you come home you are also not logged in at home anymore andyou have to redo your password again...

is this because both of my computers are on broadband?
I have never seen this happen before, usually i have my house computer set to remember me then if i log in at lunch time ( say at peas) it works but when i get home i am still logged in...

???

Sherry
02-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi Stacy,

This is happening because your home computer and your work computer have two different IP addresses. When you select the "remember me" box, it is saving a cookie (and IP address) on to your computer. When you log on, your account references that specific cookie. So, if you select "Remember Me" at home and then try to log on at work, the program attempts to load the cookie (which really isn't there since it is on your home computer) and therefore forces you to log in again.

Just so everyone knows this, many many users compare The Stamp Shack to TwoPeas but you have to realize that we each are using completely different software and php programming. What works on Two Peas does not necessarily mean that it will work on The Stamp Shack. I'm not sure how they handle their cookies and login sessions but it's obviously different than our setup.

Hope this answers your question :)

smileycollector
02-02-2007, 08:44 PM
I did wonder about this too. Thank you Sherry for taking the time to explain it to us. :)

JBgreendawn
02-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks Sherry,
I know that they are different systems, i am encountering things like this in all the different sites.

(its just i guess i should come up with one password for stamp sites or something so i can type it in on auto pilot...)
:)