PDA

View Full Version : I feel so depressed!

Darleneh710
02-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I was doing pretty good today...eating wise, but then I kinda blew it. Since, my daughter has been feeling neglected lately and plus I got a really good report from her teacher this week...I decided to throw her a little Good Job surprise party...but I wanted to make her a cake...BIG MISTAKE!!! The good part is I didn't eat the batter...I just soaked it in soap in water so I wouldn't be tempted (how bad does that sound?)...Anywho, I ended up frosting it and that was the mistake...I started to eat the frosting...but I didn't eat a lot...if that helps LOL...If I could just STOP eating so much all the time. I am so hungry and it's awful!!!

Is anyone else in this boat? I have been working out all week and trying to not eat too much...but it is so hard to do...and I feel I am not making any progress...
tfl,

Paula Carden
02-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Yep, but don't feel bad, just begin again when you are ready.
Don't feel guilty, everyone has to celebrate the good things.
Paula

teabear
02-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Ah, Darlene, I know the feeling. I made chocolate cookies last night. I just got home from working out to try to make up for it. It's never too late to start again. Just keep plugging along and we will get there.

Darleneh710
02-02-2007, 09:31 PM
for the support. I will hang in there...I just hate not having any self control...
have a great night!
:)

ctmhgirl
02-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Could you stamp when you are feeling hungry instead of eating?

Darleneh710
02-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Could you stamp when you are feeling hungry instead of eating?

Hmm...that sounds like a good idea...my problem is I am usually on computer or watching tv...when I am munching...I think if I could tear myself away from either of those...I wouldn't think about "food". Thanks for the suggestion!

LinzyD
02-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Sometimes when you feel really hungry, it's b/c you're partly dehydrated...it also helps fill your tummy...if you feel like munching, go brush your teeth! It's easy for me to give this adivce-if only I would follow it myself! :rolleyes: Just try and stay focused on one hour at a time...
Hope this helps!
You're doing great!
Linzy

mommagus
02-03-2007, 01:12 AM
Your not alone. Hang in there. I try not to keep munchy foods in the house. It's hard to do with hubby and 4 kids. I found myself looking and if there is nothing to snack on, I drink a glass of water and find something else to do. It's not easy though.

Darleneh710
02-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Thank you ladies:) I'm glad I am not alone. I have this chocolate cake in my fridge now...and I keep trying to "forget" it is in there so I dont go and eat it. And I didnt have any yesterday and for the first time in a long time, I didnt eat anything after supper...even tho supper was at 8pm LOL...but I didn't pig out yesterday like I normally do and I bought lotsa fruit..so I am hoping to eat fruit when I am hungry.
Thanks again! And good luck to all of you as well.

scrappinnuts
02-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Hang in there Darlene..I struggle with it everyday..some better than others..Water is a good sub for me..Just know we are all here for you.

Patty
02-04-2007, 01:42 PM
I am a lifetime WW member, and every day I think about my weight!! I find chewing gum helpful--and continually sipping water, or a cup of tea. WW says if you feel like you NEED a fix, go out and get 1 (ONE)--one ice cream cone, one candy bar, whatever---then after you eat that forget about it. You're only human! Sometimes I try to put it off for an hour--then sometimes I forget about it after the hour (like everythng else)--Just don't beat yourself up. I read recently that people who get the most sleep have the least prolem with their weight. I don't think they meant sleep all day, just maybe if you get a little more, your body won't crave "stuff". Hang in there--I think it's one of the blessings of being female---Patty

JBgreendawn
02-05-2007, 05:04 PM
I don't know if this will help or not, but when i drink water it has to be very very cold. (or i put ice cubes in it) because i like to chew the ice up.

lisaguyon
02-05-2007, 05:48 PM
hang in there. Everyday is a struggle for me with teenage boys at home and they can eat ANYTHING they want. I too made a cake yesterday and ate soem of the frosting but I also had a piece of it last night after the Superbowl so dont feel so bad. Lisa