PDA

View Full Version : Anyone eat Lean Cuisines?

Swanie78
02-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I bought a few of these last week and have been trying out different ones to see if I could stomach eating them on a regular basis. The last few Ive had have been really good. (the sesame chicken with pasta is awesome!)
Anyway, Ill make one when Im hungry, eat it and then suddenly Im STARVING! After eating. Not just because Im used to eating larger portions, but full on starving, including audible stomach growling and the nauseous feeling I get when I dont eat when Im hungry.
It ONLY does it after I eat their meals.
Anyone have the same thing? The boxes say no preservatives, but Im wondering if theres something else chemically in it that Im reacting to.
I dont feel sick in anyway after other than the starving thing, and if I eat more, it goes away.
I dont think they are going to help me if I eat one, then have to eat something else afterwards...lol

smileycollector
02-02-2007, 09:22 PM
I've never eaten them, but my friends at work eat them all the time at lunch. I'll have to ask them. You're right, it would defeat the purpose if it makes you hungrier!! Go figure! :)

p.s. THANKS so much Kelly for the awesome Bella images I received today. LOVE your card too! :) Smiles 2 U!

Darleneh710
02-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I eat a couple of the Lean Cuisine meals. I like the Ravioli one...I do agree it doesn't fill me up like the smart one's meals do. Not sure about the preservatives or if there might be something in it that is making you feel that way...sorry I couldn't help.

Swanie78
02-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Maybe its just me then...lol
Its been an hour and Im still grumbling away.

And youre very welcome Pam! Glad you like them! Post something soon :)

GSMom385
02-02-2007, 11:33 PM
I know they are just loaded with salt but other than that not sure. My doc made me stay away from them it was messing with my blood pressure because of the extra large dose of salt. He said the smart ones are much better for you, but I really like the taste of the Lean C better.

Tantalize
02-02-2007, 11:40 PM
What the heck did I just buy the other day... *runs to the freezer to look* Michelena's Lifestyle meals... Meh, I havent touched any of them yet, but I will let you know how I feel as well Kelly. As I am assuming that almost all of them have about the same kinds of preservatives and content of "nutrients" lol

workin4stamps
02-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I have been eating mostly Smart Ones because they have been on sale a lot around here. Good to know about the LC though, I will check out the sodium content and ingredients before I buy any.

Try dipping some veggies (I like carrots, cucs, and grape tomatoes) in hommus along with your lunch. It's very low in points and I find it very filling. It goes along great with one of those little meals.

:-)
Traci