PDA

View Full Version : Cricut recall

My3Ds
02-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Has anyone heard that the cricut machine is being recalled? I can't find anything on the cricut site. What's your guess?:skeptical:

Alli
02-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Has anyone heard that the cricut machine is being recalled? I can't find anything on the cricut site. What's your guess?:skeptical:

I heard something somewhere it might have been www.cricut.com (http://www.cricut.com) messageboards about it being Walmart staff that say that whenever they run out of stock! They have said it with Ipod things as well and it has turned out not to be true.
As far as I am aware there has been no recall, but your best bet to check is the cricut website! :)

Vintagegal
02-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I've not heard that. BUT, I did hear that the new Cricut machine can now take a full 12" sheet of paper. That means you can cut LARGER size fonts. That sorta makes me sad since it would've been nice to be able to cut larger than 6" size fonts....but that's the risk we all take with technology changing as quickly as it does. I love my Cricut, and I'll keep using it.

My3Ds
02-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Ethel - I heard that too about the new cricut. I don't have one yet, but maybe I'll be glad I waited.

ngreek
02-05-2007, 12:43 AM
On the PCMB message board some one had posted the Cricuts were being recalled through some Walmarts.
Hope this is of some help.
Nicole

BeckyButtshaw
02-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I've not heard that. BUT, I did hear that the new Cricut machine can now take a full 12" sheet of paper. That means you can cut LARGER size fonts.
My jaw just hit my desk...no WAY! I'm kinda sad that I waited this long to get one (a couple of months ago) and now they make it even better! Oh well, like you said Ethel, I love it and will continue to enjoy it 6'' and all....

Alli
02-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I've not heard that. BUT, I did hear that the new Cricut machine can now take a full 12" sheet of paper. That means you can cut LARGER size fonts. That sorta makes me sad since it would've been nice to be able to cut larger than 6" size fonts....but that's the risk we all take with technology changing as quickly as it does. I love my Cricut, and I'll keep using it.

Yep, it's called a Cricut Expressions! And I'm really bummed, I only just bought my Cricut! :nah:

friendsfavors
02-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm glad that I held off buying it as well. Although a friend of mine got it for Christmas and let me take it to my house since she couldn't get fabric to cut and I have since bought 2 additional cartridges. So I guess in May I will be getting the newer one. The new one will also translate into different langues and combine more functions on the current cartridges. There are 2 differnt size mats that will be available, 12x12 and 12x24.

~~~didn't hear anything about a recall though. I could see WM saying that though. Sometimes when I need help or ask a questions at my local WM I don't know why I bothered.

: )
Sarah