PDA

View Full Version : Just curious about the 3 day waiting rule.

inkinupstamps
02-04-2007, 08:39 PM
What is the purpose of waiting 3 days AFTER a swap is due before sending them out? I'm very curious about this rule. My question stems from the fact that the swap participants have had ample time and plenty of communication from the hostess, so why should a hostess be required to hold up a swap an addition 3 days?

tojoco
02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
That's a good question, Jennifer. I don't host too many swaps but when I do, I'm a true believer in getting cards to the hostess by the due date. Why bother having a due date if you can't. Anyway, I'll wait the 3 extra days for my swap which was due last Friday and I'm still waiting on one swapper.

iloveflipflops
02-04-2007, 09:06 PM
I didn't know this was a rule ... hmmm, guess I need to read the fine print.

inkypingers
02-04-2007, 11:59 PM
I've never hosted a swap that someone wasn't right on the due date or late...so the 3 day rule will probably help out the swappers who run behind and don't go postal until the last minute, then that will help the swaps to fill up and be more flake free. It seems like with swappers you have 2 groups, waiters, and early birds with the occasional catastophy thrown in for the early birds. It is nice when you get the same people swapping with you, then you get to know them, I had one lady flake who never, ever does and when I emailed her she did have a ligit reason. People are people I guess, but this I know, some swappers are worth waiting for!!!! But in my swaps I am trying not to wait on the "other" board for 2007. This can be such a hot issue for people it seems, so I am always interested when people post on it.
Inky hugs,
Jennifer

lost luggage
02-05-2007, 12:24 AM
I know it is only "paper"...but why doesn't everyone adhear to the due dates out of respect for the other participants?

Sherry
02-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Jennifer, it is totally at your discretion whether or not you want to wait for late swappers. Some members contacted me telling me that they feel obligated to wait for late swaps but were unsure as to just how long they should wait. So, I made it a rule that a hostess shouldn't have to wait any longer than 3 days. Some people have become extremely intolerant when it comes to late swappers so, if you're opposed to waiting, then by all means, send your cards out. I agree with you, Julie - we give a swap date for a reason and swaps should arrive by this date out of respect for the hostess and the swappers.

UPDATE: The rule has been changed to read:

By participating in our swaps, you are required to have your swap to the hostess on or before the dute date, not after. Having your swap arrive late could mean that it will be sent back to you unopened and unswapped. It is totally at the discretion of the swap hostess on whether or not she will wait for a late swap to arrive but please note that most hostesses will NOT wait.

lost luggage
02-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh, good. I thought that maybe it was just me...still adhearing strictly to commitments because I am newly out of the workplace. It doesn't matter to me what the commitment is for, a commitment is a commitment. :)