PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first set of H2O's....ques

nicolette
02-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Now that I have the H2O's what paper is best to use with them? Regular cardstock or glossy? Any tips or pointers you would tell someone who is just starting to use them?

Thanks,
Nicole

doverdi
02-05-2007, 07:39 PM
I have never tried them with glossy. I've used just regular cardstock or even Bazille. I usually just emboss my image and then use the H20's to color them in. It's pretty easy.

GrammaStamper
02-05-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't think gloss paper would work too well with H20s, but I've never tried, really. I like vellum and just regular c/s. If you are using black or dark c/s, the irridescent H20s look marvellous.

Have fun and let us know what you think works best.

GSMom385
02-05-2007, 09:38 PM
I've tried glossy and I never really liked it much. I found it hard to get a solid looking coat. I prefer regular cardstock, or vellum. If I am using vellum I go a little bit longer on the spray and make them a little bit thinner for a more sheer look.

Erin K
02-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Use a thickish cardstock or even watercolor paper, they are wet so they may warp some thin cardstocks. I don't love them on glossy either. they bead up, they are basicly just watercolor paints.

doverdi
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
I used the H20's on the Domtar 110 lb cardstock from Staples, embossed my image and painted it with the H20's and it was gorgeous. I had done the Magenta Poinsettia frame and entered it in the CST Holiday Card contest. The card even won third place. I didn't find that the cardstock warped either. Definately goes to show that they work well on any cardstock. LOL