PDA

View Full Version : I've been flooded!

katiesquirrel
02-06-2007, 11:43 AM
It was so great to get cards in the mail--made my day! I've been feeling a tad sorry for myself lately, and this cheered me up.

Joanne (tojoco)--I love the colors on your card, it makes me feel like spring is near (or maybe just wishful thinking!). Thanks for the stamp--I'll have to use it on my valentines.

Nancy -- My first valentine card. Thanks! The penguins are cute--my 5 year old DD really wants it, she loves penguins.

Kim (hutchink)--Great card! I'm always a sucker for sheet music. Thanks! And I agree, Erin did have a great idea for this swap, and yep, cards are SOOOO much better than bills and junk mail.

Catherine (craftnmom)-- I really like the quote you used. Thanks so much!

Thanks again to all of you! I truly enjoyed opening all the cards and seeing your art. I think my kids enjoyed it just as much. I'm looking forward to going to the mailbox this week.

Darlene (darleneh710)-- Cute card. I like the paper you used--do you know who makes it? Thanks!
Sally (firefly)-- What a beautiful card! So cool that you lined the envelope to match. I've never thought to do that before. Thank you!

Roberta (callyscreations)--Your card is gorgeous! Thanks!

shuggy
02-06-2007, 11:45 AM
you have more coming...i'm just a slacker!!!

stampcrazyjulie
02-06-2007, 02:06 PM
I just mailed yours yesterday, so you should get mine any day....Shuggy and I are just a hop, skip & a jump over from you in Utah! :)

loobylou
02-06-2007, 04:32 PM
mine is another 5 days away-thought I'd spread the fun!!!

katiesquirrel
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
The flu bug hit our house--I've got some overdue thank you's...

Debbie (Dibby)-- I love your card. It's just making me want to place another SU order. Thanks, and it is nice to meet you.

Angie (Shuggy)-- Cute card. The girl image reminds me a bit of my daughter..tearing up my flowers. :-) Thank you.

Kathy (Maxies Mom)--what a beautiful card. I love the heart corner punch--how cool. Thanks

Becky -- Thank you for the card--I love primas, and it makes me want to break out the deco scissors that I haven't used in years.

Donna (craftingcrazy)-- Beautiful card! Thank you!

Cheri (ctinyjoy)-- Such a clever idea for a card to open. I just might "borrow" it to make a valentine or 2. Thanks!

Lesa (tattoolesa)--I love your bright springy card. I'm so ready for spring to be here, so this made my day. Thanks.

Nancy (directmailscrapper)--Cute cats, and cute card. Thank you.

Julie (stampcrazyjulie)--Cute card. I have a friend who has challenged me to use up some of my old supplies, which include micro beads and patterned vellum--I will have to use your card as inspiration. And thank you for the primas--I'm a big fan.

Julie (jdpisces)--great card--I love that is's very valentiney, but without being too traditional in the colors. Great inspiration for making cards for boys. Thanks

Fern (moosemama)--thanks for the card. The image is too cute, and totally making me want to garden. I hope that you are getting past your COLD spell--or at least staying warm inside. We've been lucky--and have had a pretty mild winter...so unlike the rest of the country.

Mindy (Jadyeebugsaunt)--Thanks for the card--I had to do a double take to realize that you used a soda can tab thing for the ribbon charm--clever idea. I've got TONS of those around.... Thanks.

Lee (Ayah)--Gorgeous card! Thank you. I've loved that paper, but just can't seem to bring myself to use it. Hopefully your creation will inspire me to use it. Thanks.

I received several nice notes telling me a bit about yourselves, so I thought maybe I'd do the same here....

I'm 33, and have been married to my hubby Ted for 11 years. I'm a stay-at-home mom to our 2 kids--Evan, who is 8, and Emma, who is 5. They are both in school this year (Emma half day, in kindergarten), so I suddenly had a lot more free time on my hands. Which I promptly filled with volunteering and of course, more stamping/crafting time. We're originally from the Seattle area--both hubby and I were born and raised there, and both our kids were born there. We moved to Idaho nearly 2 years ago, for a job transfer for Ted. Still feel like we're getting to know the area, but it's become home to us.