PDA

View Full Version : We had almost 2 inches of snow - no school!

directmailscrapper
02-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I figured all of you northern ladies would get a kick out of that! We had a little over 1 inch of super fluffy snow -- they type you can sweep -- and they cancelled school. :wacko:

Sooo -- my DD and I had a fun day together at home -- and then went to see Dream Girls. We loved it! My daughter kept crying -- and when she left she said it was the best movie she had ever seen.

We are going to see Wicked in about 10 days -- can't wait!

Nancy

Spartymom
02-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Well that's nice to hear. 2 inches of fluffy stuff. Funny. Maybe you'll have school tomorrow? Kim

kerry
02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
yeah, an inch and a half, big, fluffy dry flakes! Isn't it great to have a day off just to do nothing!

It's great for us teachers in Northern VA to have a day off too!

Kerry

hutchink
02-07-2007, 07:23 PM
OMG, you are so lucky. I was hoping to get to WICKED in Chicago for my Birthday, but I'm going to a BUCKS game instead! Have a great time.

Glad that you and Emily had a great day snow day!

~K

shurlyjean
02-07-2007, 07:29 PM
We go two inches of snow yesterday... southern Wisconsin and had over 100 accidents on the interstate... You would think we would know how to drive!!!

Shirley:nod: :nod:

directmailscrapper
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
I was born in Buffalo, NY and moved to Maryland when I was in 1st grade. My parents always talked about how ridiculous it was in MD when it snowed, so I grew up thinking anyone should be able to drive in snow. It does get nutty around here sometimes with VERY little snow -- but we don't have the equipment to deal with snow like some of the snowier states. But today's snow -- silly.

And Kerry, I used to teach -- and I know that the teachers hope for snow days more than the kids! I know I did!

Nancy