PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's Down Time

Sherry
02-08-2007, 07:19 AM
Hi everyone,

I wasn't around at all yesterday as I was nursing my flu and fever. Imagine my surprise this morning when I checked my email and had messages from countless people asking me what they had done in order to be "forbidden" from accessing the website! To be honest, I have NO idea what happened but I understand that the website was offline for about 3 hours. Is that correct?

I have contacted our webhost to see what the trouble is/was but have not gotten a reply yet. To be quite honest, I am so tired of going from one webhost to another trying to find some stability. Is there not one single stable webhost out there?? The reason I went with CWI is because they came highly recommended as very stable with amazing customer service. Well, I will agree with the customer service part - they are second to none but I have to disagree with the stability part. Am I expecting too much? Is it too much to ask for a website that stays online 99% of the time? Argh!!

In any case, I am very sorry for any inconvenience or withdrawl symptoms you may have experienced. I will let you know what I find out.

Cheers!

Christie
02-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Oh Sherry I hope your feeling better. I'm so sorry to hear you are sick. Yes we were down for about 3 hours and the site has been a little slow the last couple of days too. Some of us have been having problems in the chat room, it kicks us out and won't let us back in the website for a while. I hope you get things all figured out and NO your not asking to much!
Feel better soon!

dgbearsmom
02-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi Sherry. I hope you are feeling better. Just wanted to mention that it seems like I have had more problems with the site being slow and sometimes not letting me in at all since you switched hosts than I did before. I don't remember ever having a problem with the previous host, but several times over the last couple of weeks I have received a lot of "Page cannot be displayed" messages and just overall slow response time. I'm not on as often as some other members, so maybe I was just lucky when you had the previous host.

Judy

ellie
02-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi Sherry,
First and foremost, I am sorry to hear that you are sick. I hope you are feeling better. Secondly, I just am so grateful to you for all the work you do to keep us all up and running. I know almost nothing about computers but I imagine that it takes enormous effort on your part. Generally speaking, I have had no problems with the site. Other than a few issues in the chat room, yesterday was the first time that anything like that happened to me. Because of being so helpless on the computer, I wanted to make sure it wasn't me....it wouldn't have been the first time I have done something to mess things up.(dh shaking head and rolling eyes :-)). Anyway, I am glad it is back now and that we can all keep feeding our addiction!

jdpisces
02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Sherry,

I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well. Seems like everyone has had a touch of the flu in the past few weeks.

Let me tell you that I was so FREAKED OUT yesterday afternoon! I was trying to access this from work and it kept saying DENIED! I drove into work today, again freaking out thinking about not being able to see the site until after work! Yes...I said "at work". I know, I am a slacker.