PDA

View Full Version : My 10-year old has insomnia

directmailscrapper
02-08-2007, 12:20 PM
It's been going on for about 2 weeks -- last nite we both got to sleep around 1:30 (if SHE can't sleep, MOM doesn't sleep):sleep:

I'm pretty sure she isn't worried about anything or stressing about anything. We talk a lot, and I don't think she has anything on her mind that is keeping her awake. I've had insomnia before, and sometimes I think it becomes a self-fulfilling dilemma -- if you try too hard to fall asleep -- you usually can't.]

Has anyone else had this problem with their kids? Any suggestions? I think I'm going to call her pediatrician to see what he recommends.

Nancy

teabear
02-08-2007, 12:22 PM
I hear you, Nancy. My DS is 11 and is going through all sorts of crazy things, including not being able to go to sleep at a decent time. I'm chalking it up to hormones. They are racing around here.

directmailscrapper
02-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Tami -- thanks a lot! NOT! Hormones? I never even considered that it could be HORMONES! I'm not ready for HORMONES! Yikes -- HORMONES?

You might be right -- she is "turning into a young lady" -- although not in the one very obvious way (I'm not ready for THAT one yet, although she tells me that 1/4 of the girls in the 5th grade have already gotten it!)

Hormones? Help! :-)

teabear
02-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Well, we are mid-way through the 11th year here, and the hormones are raging. Hold on tight, it's quite a ride.