PDA

View Full Version : A note regarding Chat Room Music

Sherry
02-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi ladies,

In light of our recent "suspension" due to server overload, I have decided to axe the mp3 player in the chat room. This really was an "uneccessary" feature of the website so it was, unfortunately, the first to go. I am going to do a careful reassessment of our website configuration to see if there are some settings we can change that will help minimize our server load. I really REALLY do not want to be suspended again.

I'm really quite ticked at the whole issue. I am PAYING these people to run our website and they up and suspended us for three hours without warning or explanation. :mad: To me, that is poor customer service!

logcabincreations
02-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Gosh, I wondered what happened. I was enjoying the music and then it stopped. You're right, they should have contacted you first.

Jan

GrammaStamper
02-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Sorry to see the music go, but I can understand streamlining the site. And, yes, that was very poor customer service. Give 'im H E double hockey sticks, Sherry.

buggainok
02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Don't worry. You just do what you have to do to keep this great site up and running! This is an important part of my day now, to come here and see what's going on.

I can barely manage to type and read at the same time in the chat room anyway. No music lets me pay a little more attention with my cyber-challenged brain!

toao
02-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Sherry, do we need to be paying you a membership fee for all of this wonderful service you give us? Please say if so and I will be happy to pay a monthly fee. I know you work your butt off keeping this site updated and fun for us. What can we do to help out?

Mary

workin4stamps
02-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Sherry, do we need to be paying you a membership fee for all of this wonderful service you give us? Please say if so and I will be happy to pay a monthly fee. I know you work your butt off keeping this site updated and fun for us. What can we do to help out?

Mary

I agree. I have NO clue how much it costs to run a website such as this. I would be happy to pay an annual membership fee or something to help offset the cost. Even if it's not something you would require, make it optional and I would sure be happy to.

:-)
Traci

Deborah
02-08-2007, 10:25 PM
VERY poor customer service!! No kidding!! I'm sure we can all access our own music anyway (lol).