PDA

View Full Version : When Does My Swap Drop Off the Swap Board?

mahodgman
02-08-2007, 08:26 PM
I've just received my first Shack swap back in the mail today. It is past the due date, I left feedback for the hostess.....now what? Do I delete the swap from my list, or will it go away on its own? I'm not sure what to do now.

Swanie78
02-08-2007, 08:36 PM
As a participant, I think if you dont want to see it in your que anymore you can drop out.
I think Sherry said the other day (when there were multi posts about this) that the hostess has to close/delete the swap in order for it to be removed for everyone.
At the recommendation of someone else, I created a spreadsheet of my swaps to keep track of, so Ill just leave mine until they disappear :)

mahodgman
02-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Kelly, do you now the title of any of those threads? I searched for something about this topic before I posted, but I didn't find anything. I must not have had the right key words.

Swanie78
02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Not off hand, but I think they were in the troubleshooting forum.
Someone had posted a question about using the feedback and Sherry responded to that post, plus made a new one.
Look for the ones that talk about not using the feedback until further notice :)

cindi
02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I guess I can just unjoin, but I'd like it better if they dropped off on their own.
:)

Sherry
02-09-2007, 05:39 AM
Hi guys,

It is up to the hostess to remove the swap from the board once the swap date has passed and EVERYONE has had a chance to leave feedback for one another. Personally, I think the hostess should leave the swap in tact for two weeks after the due date and then remove it. If you have received your swap and have left feedback for the hostess, then by all means, feel free to "unjoin" the swap if you don't want to wait for the hostess to delete it.
The swaps will not drop off on their own. When users were polled way back when, they said they would prefer if they could delete the swaps themselves instead of having them disappear on their own and so that is what was coded.

If we ever do get around to version 2.0 of our swapboard, we will poll users again to see what features we keep and what features we scrap.