PDA

View Full Version : Names on swaps...

shurlyjean
02-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Is there a way to post the real names of people in the swaps? I don't know who belongs with what "Shack Name."

Shirley

MidwestStamper
02-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Shirley, if you look up their "shack" names on the Members List, it will show their real names in their profiles--but that's extra work for the hostess.

Sherry
02-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, it is a great idea and it could be coded into the swap board program. However, there are two things preventing that from happening. Our swap board coder is extremely busy at the moment, and two, I only have $40 in the stamp shack bank account and that is not near enough to pay for additional swap code.

shurlyjean
02-10-2007, 09:38 AM
We can place a fundraising statement. I would be happy to contribute.

Shirley:P

Erin K
02-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Shurly, my real name is Erin. I'm sneaky like that.

Sherry
02-10-2007, 11:11 AM
We can place a fundraising statement. I would be happy to contribute.

Shirley:P

Well that would definitely be a question I would ask of Mark should he be responding to emails (which he isn't at the moment). If ever I get to speak to the 'boy again, I'll ask! ;)

smkymtsu
02-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Shirley, if you look up their "shack" names on the Members List, it will show their real names in their profiles--but that's extra work for the hostess.

That doesn't always work either. I'm currently hosting a swap and received from one of the participants her swap with her real name only. I tried looking up the forum names of all the participants to find who the swap belonged to.....and.....not everyone had their real name listed under their forum name in the members list. So it would be helpful if everyone would include their forum name in their swaps.
Susan

Deborah
02-15-2007, 07:32 PM
I like my life simple, that's why I use my own name for everything (lol)