PDA

View Full Version : Shack Santa

Sherry
10-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Hi Ladies,

I have been doing some test stamping with the Shack Santa and thought I'd post my results here.

This stamp seems to leave the best impression on GLOSSY cardstock. The image is highly detailed and, if stamping the image on regular paper, you may not get a great quality image. It is best to use a paper that is non porous. Vellum also yeilds a nice quality image.

In regards to ink, I recommend Versafine. This ink is specifically made for highly detailed images. Since new Versafine inks are VERY juicy, you might want to apply the ink to your stamp using a brayer so that the ink application is even.

Cheers!
Sherry

iloveflipflops
10-29-2006, 09:32 AM
I am still stalking my mailman hoping the stamp comes soon. Guess I need to get me some glossy cardstock as I don't use that very often. Keep those tidbits coming. They are definitely helping with this jolly ole fellow!! :)

laos348
10-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the tips. I have a whole slew of glossy cs, now I just need to get a Versafine pad. I sense a shopping trip today!

Laura

suzi_f
10-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Guess I need both Glossy C/S & the Versafine. I couldn't find Versafine at Archivers when I went on Fri. Hope to hit Michael's this week.

Has anyone used Versamagic ink pads? I bought these on Fri since I couldn't find Versafine. It says it's good for detail stamping. I can attest that it doesn't dry very quick!

shuggy
10-29-2006, 11:34 AM
i never thought of using a brayer to ink the image. do you just do it like you would color cardstock? (i'm new to the whole brayer buisness!)

angie