PDA

View Full Version : I can't chat in the chat room!

LinzyD
10-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Eek! With the pretty new background I can't see where to type at all...I even just tried typing and hiting enter, but my words didn't show up...maybe it's how my computer is set up?
:confused:
Linzy

Sherry
10-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Eek! With the pretty new background I can't see where to type at all...I even just tried typing and hiting enter, but my words didn't show up...maybe it's how my computer is set up?
:confused:
Linzy

Hi Linzy,

First of all, be sure that you click within the text window to activate it (the text window is located just to the left of the "send" button at the bottom of the screen). If you log on and just start typing without clicking on the text window, your text is going into la-la land and is not being registered.

Secondly, try changing your font color - perhaps yours is set too light for the new background.

If that doesn't work, you can always change the background. Click on Options, then Themes and choose a background from the list. Hope this helps!

Sherry

MidwestStamper
10-29-2006, 06:49 PM
I've tried all kinds of different backgrounds to see what I find the easiest to read. There are lots of options, but the light yellow Stamp background IS hard to see white and light type on. I was told that you can choose to see everyone's posts in black too--but I didn't try that.

Sherry
10-30-2006, 07:42 AM
I've tried all kinds of different backgrounds to see what I find the easiest to read. There are lots of options, but the light yellow Stamp background IS hard to see white and light type on. I was told that you can choose to see everyone's posts in black too--but I didn't try that.

The Stamp template was added so that the website flows and that all of the templates & colors are the same. Eventually, all other chat templates (other than the "Stamp" one) will be removed. Users will then have to choose a font color that is readable to them and to others.

stampcrazyjulie
10-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks, Sherry for the info I will have to go try that!