PDA

View Full Version : My first meeting went well

Erin K
02-13-2007, 12:17 PM
So the ladies just left, we had our first Relief Society (church thing) meeting. They loved my ideas. There is a training this Saturday morning that I need to go to, but Brian's on a campout so I'll have to figure out about the boys... Anyhow I'll do my best. But the point is they are great ladies and I think we will have a good time. The next one is here too. I love having them here because it's easiest on my kids. :)

RDRD4
02-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Thats great..... It all went well ffor you

BeckyButtshaw
02-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Are you on the enrichment committee? If so, I am too and I would love some new ideas!!

Erin K
02-13-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm second councelor so I'm over enrichement. I don't have great ideas, I was just called two days ago.

We are having a big enrichment next month and I'm thememing it "Wear your Crown" and the idea is this:

You are NOT a woman who is struggling with her weight
You are NOT a woman who has a hard time managing her money
You are Not a woman who'se marriage needs work, or whose kids disobey or who doesn't do her calling the way she'd like

What you ARE is a daughter of our Heavely Father. Every bit of you is special and amazing and whole. My wish for each of you is that you get up each day, straighten your crown like the queen you are and hold your head up with the dignity befitting your place in this world. We as the Relief Society want to help you with everythign you need to enrich your lives and make you feel every aspect comes into line with your very special place in the world. But for today, right now, I want you to put your crown on and wear it with pride.

blah blah blah, what do you want out of RS... blah blah blah

Spartymom
02-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Wow, I like that theme of the crown. It's very creative. Like you! Glad the meeting went well. Kim

BeckyButtshaw
02-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Congrats on your new calling! I think you're gonna be great! The Wear your Crown sounds like a wonderful evening. I am going to take this to our next meeting..:)

lisaguyon
02-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Love the Crown Idea. Sounds like a lot of fun and a great outreach. LIsa

gigibee
02-13-2007, 01:21 PM
I too love the Crown Idea. May case that for our next ladies activity. I am co-director of the Women's Ministry team at out church. Always looking for new themes and ideas. Glad your meeting went so well.

Konnie

logcabincreations
02-13-2007, 01:45 PM
May I ask....what church do you go to?

Jan

Erin K
02-13-2007, 02:08 PM
I go to the Church of Jesus Chist of Latter-Day Saints.