PDA

View Full Version : Clear the roads! Erin's loose

Erin K
02-13-2007, 02:20 PM
I just called and reinstated the coverage on our second car. I'm driving again. Hurray!!! :nod: No more of this not being able to go to the post office or cool sales crap for me. :wacko:

Brian must be having a bad day I tried to call him and talk to him about it and he said, "Can't we just do this some other time?" ewww, I hate it when he gets snarky at work.

logcabincreations
02-13-2007, 02:25 PM
They always get that way when money is involved......it's in their genes. :twitcy: (think this looks like a man when he's snarky...lol)

Jan

mydogstinks2
02-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh no look out! Will the streets ever be safe again! LOL

Erin K
02-13-2007, 02:33 PM
dang it! He SAID to call them when I tried to do it online with him on the phone, he said, "Can you just call them??" Then said he couldn't deal with it at that time so I called and then he's not happy with that either, he said it cost more than it should have and that if I had just waited we could have figured out how to do it cheaper. I mean maybe he's not motivated because he's not the one stuck at home all the time, and he did tell me to take care of it, he even left me a note and the policy crap out.

I have to get the AC fixed in the new car too and you KNOW he's gonna be like this, I asked him if he could do it on a Saturday, but no he wants me to get it done (yes, even though I have the boys, he has some crackheaded plan where I WALK home from the place with them in the stroller) but you know, you KNOW he's gonna say I didn't get the right deal and overpaid or some crap! ERRRRRRRRRR

This crap frustrates me so much that last time I needed work done I drove all the way to Mary's house to have her DH look at my car first! Yup, I did tell em Mary! I wish I could just have made a rule that all car stuff was his responsibility, you know his mother never even once pumped her own gas until after David passed away? NOT ONCE, he did all the car stuff. (Actually she asked us if we were gonna do her gas now that he's passed away but that's another story, needless to say she's pumping gas now)

ERRRRRRRRRR where's that cussing smiley:
:angry:

tojoco
02-13-2007, 02:43 PM
I hear you Erin (BIG TIME). I always got the same thing but please just listen to him and let it go in one ear and out the other. Tom always took care of everything outside the house including putting gas in my car and always taking them in for repairs.

Well, the tides have turned now. After Tom's stroke, ALL the responsibility is now placed on my shoulders including pumping gas in his car, making sure all the bills are paid on time, handling getting the house painted, mowing the lawn, etc. etc. etc. I'm not complaining because at least he's still here but I just want you to know that each day will not always be a bright one. Just smile and don't argue about it.

OK, off my soapbox now!

tojoco
02-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Erin, one more thing . . . you did get yourself a nerf car, didn't you? LOL

flyingflower
02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
and they talk about women's hormones! snarky is right!

Erin K
02-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Ok, so even though he grumbled, "You don't need to do that" I went online and got a quote from another company. for what looks like the very same coverage I can pay about half!!! What the heck?

Ok, so tell me I was paying 930 for the two cars for 6 months, Is that just wicked high?? It seemed high to both of us, but who the heck knows. The new quote is about half that... I'd like to save money if I can.

I'm gonnahave to call my mommy, she worked in car insurance for 20someodd years...

logcabincreations
02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
I really feel for you Erin. Our insurance is $1200 every six months because I have a teenage driver, and another teenage driver about to get his licence. I think mine will be going up to $1700 per six months. Of course, our boys have to work to pay as much of it as they can. Often men's minds are going in one direction while what they say to us is coming from another direction, then they expect us to read their minds. So we just have to educate our ownselves, which is not a bad thing, when it comes to automotive stuff. You should have heard me trying to explain the sound of my van to my DH when my sliding door wasn't working...LOL

Jan

jdpisces
02-13-2007, 03:06 PM
That does seem like a lot of $$ to pay, Erin. My husband and I both have new cars and we pay around $650. I work in insurance too....but not on the policy side.

I wonder what Brian's deal is? Maybe he just realized that tomorrow is Valentine's Day? :D

hbpuppy
02-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Well I'm happy that you are back in the driver's seat. That is great news. I wonder if Brian is a little nervous about you driving again. Like, it seems when guys are not making sense and want to argue about something lame, that they are saying one thing but talking about something else.

Christie
02-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Well Erin I pay about $800 for 6 months. I have car that has full coverage becasue it's not paid for and the other has liability with a few extra's. I'm not sure if that's high or not.

teabear
02-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Hey Erin...congrats on getting behind the wheel, soon. Sorry you have to jump through so many dang hoops to do it.

tojoco
02-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Well I guess I'm paying a lot. I just gave my Nationwide agent a check for $755 for 3 months. We have 3 new cars and a male driver under the age of 21. Makes me want to give up driving.

LinzyD
02-13-2007, 05:06 PM
I dont' know diddly about insurance (or cars for that matter) but that's exciting that you get to drive again! I'd go crazy not being about to run to M's or HL at the drop of a hat!
Linzy

BeckyButtshaw
02-13-2007, 05:09 PM
The rule over here is-DH takes the car for repairs, oil change etc... Mostly because I don't want to do it (it's hard with one little one, I couldn't imagine 2) and also because I tell him that they will rip off a woman every time (now, I KNOW that's not necessarily true, but it's the whole money thing, if he thinks it'll save him money to do it himself, he will) silly boys....

Erin K
02-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I know! I tried that with Brian but no luck! Oh well.

He told me he's having a really bad day and he's not mad at me, we can see if we can do better on insurance tonight he said. I'm over it.

ChristyR
02-13-2007, 10:57 PM
yay you get to drive now...don't you just love it when our men get moody :( hello they get PMS too even though they would deny it :)

so i went to MOPS today first day...you gotta come with on tuesday it is loads of fun and we have ADULT CONVERSATIONS MOMMY TIME wahoo i think you would love it...