PDA

View Full Version : My valentine went wrong

loobylou
02-14-2007, 08:28 AM
So you all congratulated me on getting in the valentine spirit and giving valentine lolly bags (candy) to my sons for the first time ever.For those who don't know, in Australia, valentine's day is not so huge- between husband/wife/lovers it is fairly common- but No-one I know gives valentines to their children. I sneaked bags of lollies in my boys school bags today with cute jellybean toppers on. (see gallery).

my oldest son cut his finger open on the staples I used to attach the bag topper and was still complaining it hurt 5 hours later!!!
BUT both boys enjoyed the lollies- tho' both told me they hid the topper in their bags and just took out the lollies so no-one would know their Mum gave them a Valentine---How Embarrassing!!! I did succeed in making them smile(secretly).

Sarah

mahodgman
02-14-2007, 08:30 AM
LOL, I don't know how old your boys are, but this sounds like typical boys to me. Moms can be so embarrasing! I bet they secretly really liked it!

loobylou
02-14-2007, 08:40 AM
My boys are 10 and 12 years old (going on 20)

ellie
02-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Yep, I think they liked it...everyone likes to be told that their special - even boys! I have 4 of them and my baby will be 21 in March. When I made their lunches, I would put little love notes inside...sometimes in a "code" that only we knew meant "I love you". I would say.."How 'bout those Dolphin's!" (football team) and they would know what it meant...you could try something like that.

SallyLou
02-14-2007, 09:18 AM
When my son was in the 2nd grade, I slipped a little note into his lunch sack. I was informed that evening I was never ever to do that again!!!!! I am sure it wasn't mushy or anything. I think it was just one of those Current "have a nice day" notes since we aren't a real mushy family.
Sally

hutchink
02-14-2007, 09:31 AM
LOL- I think that it was sweet...I guess my boys will went they get older will act the same way! Thank goodness I have a few years where they love special silly and fun stuff!

~K

flyingflower
02-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Lol, Kids!!!!

hbpuppy
02-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Your boys sound like a lot of fun. I bet they will be secretly expecting a fun treat next year on Valentine's day.

Christie
02-14-2007, 11:27 AM
LOL! Oh Sarah that's funny. You know here the kids exchange valentines at school. I'm sure they loved getting the surprise but at that age anything mum does is embarssing!!!

cindi
02-14-2007, 11:48 AM
except for the cut, I'd say it was a great success
After all , good moms do embarrass their kids! LOL

I'll bet they did love it & felt special too.
:)

Swanie78
02-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Glad they liked them!
I cant imagine not making Vday special. It was my favorite "holiday" in grade school. I loved making our valentines day boxes/bags and then passing out valentines day. It was our craft project the day before our party. what fun!