PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter recall

Victorianrose
02-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Hey Gals,
Please note the recent recall of peanut butter. Great Value and Peter Pan. If your lid has the Numbers 21-11.... here's a link for more info. http://vernesdesk.blogspot.com/ I have 3 jars of the stuff!
My dd has already eaten 2/3 of a jar, ugh. We were at the pediatrician's office today (for something else) and he said, most healthy children can recover from a dose of salmonella, so even if the jar was tainted, it might not hurt her.
Oy!
Debbie

Erin K
02-15-2007, 12:50 PM
I hope she's ok, everyone check your peanut butter! Mine's jiff so I guess I'm ok. And my kid is allergic anyhow.

Spartymom
02-15-2007, 12:55 PM
I heard that on the Today show. I buy JIF so I am ok. I love Peanut butter. Kim

buggainok
02-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up for everyone. My dd had just called to tell me about this a few minutes ago.

Lo and behold, we had a half-eaten jar of Great Value with this code, and another new unopened jar with that code, too.

I was very sick with a 24-hour intestinal thing about a week or so ago. It came on very suddenly, and was quite severe.

I don't remember specifically now if I had eaten peanut butter then, but I do have PBJ sandwiches for lunch quite a lot, and I'll bet that is what caused me to be sick.

I'm taking both jars back to Walmart today.

bluebirdohio
02-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Just checked ours is Jif too

Hope no one gets sick especially the kids

ChristyR
02-15-2007, 01:34 PM
oh man i need to go and check mine i would normally buy walmarts GV but i think the last 2 i bought were winn dixie brand...thanks for the heads up though :)

logcabincreations
02-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Just found we have a jar of this too, and my 17 year old son opened it yesterday and made a sandwich. He's at school right now, but I'll have to ask him how he's feeling when he gets home. Good grief! Seems our government is doing a poor job protecting our food supply here in the US -- it's scary!!! Even organic isn't safe anymore.

Jan

toao
02-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm a "choosy mom"....."Choosy Moms choose Jif". I'll have to agree with Jan....what's up with all of this food being tainted lately?

Mary

kerry
02-15-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm a choosy person too...But I choose Skippy! mmmmm so creamy!

Kerry

edie3
02-15-2007, 05:24 PM
of course, we had a 3/4 empty jar here. Went to the grocery store, and there is no Peter Pan to be found!