PDA

View Full Version : I joined a stamp of the month club!

lost luggage
10-29-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi Everyone!

I went to my first all stamp store on Saturday and I had a ball! There were so many stamps, books, punches, you name it. The most refreshing part was that I didn't recognize ANY of the images from any of the other stores I have ever been in (Michael's Joanns, LCS). The ladies were so nice! They took my friend and I around (they knew my friend from before) and gave us the delux tour. I bought 7 stamps I think...lost count. I think they're really nice. I learned a lot by looking at the samples they had all over the place and talking to the ladies.

Since the store is out of town for me (but not totally out of the question...I go there once a month to visit friends and family) I joined their International Stamp of the Month club. They send me a mounted, wood block stamp, newsletter, cardstock, embellishments, etc to make the monthly project..all for $10.95! (+ a little shipping) The nice thing is that if you don't like the stamp they are featuring, there are 3 "back-up" stamps you can choose from instead. I'm sure everyone on this site already knows about programs like this, but I just wanted to share how excited I am to get my first one! Oh...by joining, I also get 15% off everything if I make it into the store.

They had tons of 'back months' kits to browse through and they all looked good to me.

I actually have some "card" needs this week, so I am back on the wagon...crafting wagon that is. Hopefully I'll get some of the new stuff into the gallery soon. :)

Thanks for reading about my weekend!
~Julie

GrammaStamper
10-29-2006, 11:24 PM
Sounds like you have a terrific time Julie. I don't belong to a club like that, but I might look into it.

glad you have fun.

laos348
10-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun!

Laura

iloveflipflops
10-30-2006, 08:58 AM
only 30 miles from me and I was in heaven!! There were so many stamps to look at - it was great! I already can't wait to go back :).

stampcrazyjulie
10-30-2006, 09:41 AM
How fun for you! I don't have any Stamp Club's near me that I know of. That's cool that you can choose another stamp if you don't like their stamp of the month! I can't wait to see your cards!

Erin K
10-30-2006, 11:11 AM
How cool I wanna be in a stamp of the month club!! I have stamp club at the stamp store tonight and I"m gonna tell the owner about it. I bet they could get us all to buy the same stamp each month and then all make cool projects with it.

So they ship yours? Maybe I should just join your store's one then?

I want someone to pick me out a new stamp each month! Whaaaa! Like my cool stamp club isn't enough, I'm always wanting more ya know?

lost luggage
10-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Yes- they ship it internationally...so everyone can join in on the fun. :)

hutchink
10-30-2006, 11:39 AM
I did not know that there was a stamp of the month club! I want to join too! I'm going to my FIRST stamp class this Saturday! I can't wait! It is a paper shapping techinque that I have never seen. It make the stamp image 3-D! It looks really hard but the lady said that it is very easy! Which me luck!

~K

teabear
10-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Where is this store, and what is the name of it? I'd love to visit it if I haven't already :)