PDA

View Full Version : Site Status - UPDATE

Sherry
02-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi all of you fabulous ladies!!

I just wanted to update you on the server situation. I was out most of the day but returned to about 200-300 database error messages sitting in my mailbox. I can only come to one conclusion and that is that the site must have been going on and offline all day long. Please accept my sincerest apologies if that in fact was the case.

Also, while I was out, I received roughly 10 VERY generous Stamp Shack donations totalling $241! OMG ladies, this is the most amazing and generous thing I have ever seen. I posted a message in the orginal Site Status thread, but I will post it again here in case you missed it:

OMG ladies. I said this in another post and I have to say it again because words are eluding me right now. I had a very busy day and came home to about 10 Stamp Shack donations waiting in my email. And then, I log on to The Shack and see it filled to the brim with encouraging words, fundraising suggestions, and MINI AUCTIONS!?! I am so truly and sincerely touched at the outpouring of support for this little ol' website. I can't even begin to tell you how I'm feeling. Stunned is a good word. Overwhelmed. Speechless!

I honestly don't know how to thank you guys. Words simply aren't enough.
If you have sent a donation, an email, or a PM, you can expect a reply. It just may take me awhile to get all of the responses out.

THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!! ~Sherry

Along with my current server payment and the monies donated today, I think we have enough (or very close to it) for three months of service on a dedicated server. So, I have decided to give the go ahead to get us moved. Hopefully, this will be a quick and painless procedure with little or no downtime. In the meantime, we can brainstorm with ideas on how to raise money for the remaining 9 months :)

Thank you so very much, guys!! I am truly blessed to be friends with such a wonderful and thoughtful group of ladies.

cindi
02-15-2007, 08:52 PM
for giving us such an awersome site to be together & share our love of stamping!
I still like the idea of a 10.00 ( or whatever amount) annual fee. Then we can fundraise too & the more we make fundraising the lower the fee? does that make sense??
Anyway I'd rather sunscibe to the shack than a magazine! and from the days response I think we all feel that way.
Just let us know whjat we can do.
Cindi
:)

Erin K
02-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Yea, sounds good, we can maybe take the time to raise more money and figure out if we want to do a paid membership. Anyhow I'm glad we have enough to get started with our own server, apparently we need it.

toao
02-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Can we do a poll to see how many would be willing to pay an annual fee of $10, $15, $20, or $25. I think this would solve the immediate issue at hand and then we can still do various fund raisers and mini auctions, etc. if needed in the near future. I don't know how to post a poll, and don't know if that is allowed. Just a suggestion. I'm all for an annual membership fee.

Mary

Deborah
02-15-2007, 09:30 PM
SUPER news Sherry! More donations on the way soon... :nod:

Erin K
02-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Can we do a poll to see how many would be willing to pay an annual fee of $10, $15, $20, or $25. I think this would solve the immediate issue at hand and then we can still do various fund raisers and mini auctions, etc. if needed in the near future. I don't know how to post a poll, and don't know if that is allowed. Just a suggestion. I'm all for an annual membership fee.

Mary

I'll do one, I'll make it a silent poll so if people really feel they can't afford or want to pay they won't feel like we will all point at them (which of course we wouldn't but you know..